Ride Machete---"gets 5 thumbs up from me" - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2010, 10:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
MidwestDivision

Thumbs up Ride Machete---"gets 5 thumbs up from me"

I had my machete paired with union forces and 32 lashed out for the first time last week. I don't think I could have picked a better deck. I rode one day with roughly an inch or two of fresh on top of hard groomed snow, and one night with a lot of sugary loose snow on top of hard groomed snow. Both conditions are notorious for washing out. The type of riding consisted of a small amount of park and the rest of the time consisted of cruizing the hill. The machete had perfect edge hold at high speeds and was very butter-able at all speeds. I was impressed! Nice amount of pop and flex, yet still remained rigid for charging the icy/sugary hill.

I've been riding for ten years, taking the last three-four years off. I had never riden a rockered board in the past. At first I was leary about starting to ride again on a deck with a completely different profile, but as soon as I strapped in...I knew I didn't forget anything I had learned in the past and if anything I rode better. Before riding the board I rounded the edges on the nose and tail with a file and stone, and then made two quick passes with a stone on the effective edges (didn't really do anything). Then hot waxed the base.

My final thoughts about the Ride Machete: Ride has this deck dialed in...I guess with 20 prototypes, they were bound to come up with a winner. The deck charged the icy and sugary snow with ease. Carving capabilities were perfect at fast and slow speeds. Riding fakie was made Very easy. Lowrize rocker allowed for great flex, pop, and butter-ability. Slimewalls were great at absorbing impacts...my feet never felt tapped out. Handles flat based riding well. The sintered base allows the deck to be very quick, even in the flats. The top-sheet and base graphics are vivid and really pop out.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2010, 11:58 AM   #2 (permalink)

i so badly wanted the machete but just couldnt afford it. ended up with last years ride antic. stoked for you fo sure.enjoy it and be safe this year.
tschamp20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 03:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
MidwestDivision

Thanks. I'm sure you'll be happy with your antic. Ride makes a great product.
Old 01-17-2010, 04:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
hotdog29

The machete is hands down most awesome board I have ridden. Yesterday I took my machete out for the first time and all I can say is wow. The board is very nimble and light but at the same time still poppy.. and the flex is not too soft and not too hard. Main thing I noticed about this board is the amount of shock absorption there is probably from the slimewalls. I crudded through ice, slush, snow mounds and even moguls and the board just roars through without effort, much like a machete.. hahah. The rocker is so subtle in this that you get used to it right away.. even though i've never ridden a rocker/reverse camber board in my life... ride has mastered the shape in its "lowrise" rocker.. all i have to say is that i feel like this board is the shape snowboards should have been all along. The edge grab is just right, no more twitchiness... and when i thought i was gonna catch an edge.. i didnt.. even on ice/hardpack where catching an edge is easiest...

Overall i would recommend this board for everybody, from the complete novice to the most advanced rider.. and you can literally take this board anywhere.. great for those who are just starting park but still spend a lot of time on the mountain buttering and what not..

P.S I used the 2010 ride ex bindings with the board.