Last Is This Worth It Thread From Me - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2010, 08:22 PM   #1 (permalink)

Thumbs up Last Is This Worth It Thread From Me

Hey guys, since no one was responding to the other thread, i figured id make a new one . Well, I found what I think is a really good deal here it is, he is asking 175 for the board and bindings here is the link to the pictures and the description.

BURTON Snowboard with Bindings

GREAT DEAL: 1 Year Old Burton Snowboard with Ride LX bindings. Board is 132 cm or 4'4" long.

My son rode this board last season, and now it's too small. Already have new board. Paid $350.00 for Burton Board and $150.00 for bindings...OUCH for only only one season.

Offering the combination for $175.00 or first FAIR offer.

Also, here is another deal I found :

SNOWBOARD & BINDINGS - Mississauga Sports Goods For Sale - Kijiji Mississauga

for the second link, the person sent me more pictures but it wont let me upload them.

Thanks guys, I really want to start snowboarding so thanks for helping me out!!!!!!!!
iplaydrums is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2010, 08:52 PM   #2 (permalink)

Second one looks VERY beat up, like as beat up as some rentals I've seen. The first one, how much do you weigh, and how big are you boots?
GoSensGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 08:54 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSensGo View Post
Second one looks VERY beat up, like as beat up as some rentals I've seen. The first one, how much do you weigh, and how big are you boots?
Hey, So the second one is a waste of money? and

I weigh I think around 90-100 pounds and am 5'3". I'm not too sure of my boot size since I am going to go buy them tomorrow (stores were closed todat ). but I think my boots are size 10 or 10.5 because my friend bought his boots yesterday and they were 10. thanks!
Old 01-01-2010, 08:58 PM   #4 (permalink)

The second board looks 5 years old, and it'd be easier to rent than getting stuck with a beat up old board. The first one's bindings are entry level, same as mine, and it does cost around 150$ so he ain't lying. They are decent but a tad on the heavy side. But the thing is it looks like a kiddy board, whereas you should ride a 139, a 132 is way too small.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:04 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
The second board looks 5 years old, and it'd be easier to rent than getting stuck with a beat up old board. The first one's bindings are entry level, same as mine, and it does cost around 150$ so he ain't lying. They are decent but a tad on the heavy side. But the thing is it looks like a kiddy board, whereas you should ride a 139, a 132 is way too small.
Oh, okay. But isn't a 7cm difference too minute to actually make a difference? and also aren't smaller boards easier for freestyle and park? thanks!!!!!!!! Also, what do you mean it looks like a kiddy board? is it just the graphic or the quality? thanks again
Old 01-01-2010, 09:08 PM   #6 (permalink)

The width makes it look like a children's board. 7 cm is a BIG difference, maybe a 50lb weight difference. Even if it's for freestyle you should have a 135. What i'm worried about is the width, because if it's a small board, it might have small size bindings, which won't fit your 10 or 10.5 feet, since small binding's biggest size is about a 8ish.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:11 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
The width makes it look like a children's board. 7 cm is a BIG difference, maybe a 50lb weight difference. Even if it's for freestyle you should have a 135. What i'm worried about is the width, because if it's a small board, it might have small size bindings, which won't fit your 10 or 10.5 feet, since small binding's biggest size is about a 8ish.
oooh. woah 50 pound difference?!!??!!?!?!? So how should I find out if it fits me and be 100% sure? Should I go and try it on with the boots I buy?
Old 01-01-2010, 09:13 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iplaydrums View Post
oooh. woah 50 pound difference?!!??!!?!?!? So how should I find out if it fits me and be 100% sure? Should I go and try it on with the boots I buy?
With small exaggeration,yes, its a pretty big difference. Ask the seller what size the bindings are.

The board won't snap but you'll have trouble having fun riding it.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:14 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
With small exaggeration,yes, its a pretty big difference. Ask the seller what size the bindings are.
okay Once he responds (hopefully soon) I'll post the size? So what is the preferred size of binding that I should have for a size 9-10.5 boot?

thanks!
Old 01-01-2010, 09:20 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iplaydrums View Post
okay Once he responds (hopefully soon) I'll post the size? So what is the preferred size of binding that I should have for a size 9-10.5 boot?

thanks!
I have a 9 size boots with Large bindings and im doing fine.