New Jib Board Suggestions - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2010, 08:54 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default New Jib Board Suggestions

Ok, so i recently just got my skate banana which i'm proud to own. But i don't want to totally detune my edges for rails. And, i feel as though theres not enough pop to satisfy the feel of jibbing. Comparing to strong loaded camber boards of a lib tech trs and a ride kink, I miss the feel of springy pop for rails, and not having to worry about ripping my edges to as blunt as a wine bottle. For i have my inner jib-kid that has to come of the shell during a few moments in the season and/or day.

Specifics for sugestions
-Standard Camber (preferably strong)
-Mildly cheap (between 250 and 400 bucks)
-around 152cm (Preferably lower than 154)

Boards allready in thought (Ill try to constantly edit this after more and more suggestions)
-Capita Stairmaster
-K2 WWW

Questions of mine:
-Im used to riding noodle soft boards (I guess the banana isnt, but the pre-flex kinda makes up for it), but if i were to purchase a smaller board, say 147. Would it be a good idea to find it as a stiffer board due to pop (and light weight because its smaller)?
-Since sintered bases are stronger, wouldn't it be best to prefer a sintered base over an extruded to the lesser susceptibility to strong gashes?

I forgot to mention that my brother and I are sharing this as a street/jib board. We both weigh 150 lbs and are 10.5" sized boots. But im sure that doesnt matter a significant amount to be considered with your suggestions.

Will probably Equip this board with Some Union Forces or Data's. Binding suggestions would also be helpful.

Thanks,
Matt

Last edited by xxfinnellxx; 01-02-2010 at 03:51 PM.
xxfinnellxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2010, 09:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
eL.Snow.Boarder

Also check out K2 WWW (non-rocker)
Old 01-02-2010, 12:04 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

For a good jib board with reg camber, personally I'd look at the kink or, though it's not camber the swindle. It's zero cam. But honestly if your looking for a jib board, your going to sacrifice pop. They're made to be soft boards, which don't usually get great pop. If you are willing to look at rocker I suggest it. It let's you get a stiffer board with more pop but let's you jib still pretty well. I'd look at the dh2 or evo-r. For bases extruded is usually more preferred because it's easier to fix dings.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 02:21 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eL.Snow.Boarder View Post
Also check out K2 WWW (non-rocker)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
For a good jib board with reg camber, personally I'd look at the kink or, though it's not camber the swindle. It's zero cam. But honestly if your looking for a jib board, your going to sacrifice pop. They're made to be soft boards, which don't usually get great pop. If you are willing to look at rocker I suggest it. It let's you get a stiffer board with more pop but let's you jib still pretty well. I'd look at the dh2 or evo-r. For bases extruded is usually more preferred because it's easier to fix dings.
Ive checked out the WWW's for a few seasons. They look interesting. Funny thing on the kink. Ive had one from 2 years ago, and the whole heel edge is 10 degrees lifted and because of the die-cut base, there are a few peices separated below my front heel where there is a total core shot. The wood is splintered and waterlogged. And this was just from mildly intermediate jib skills. I never demanded a lot of force out of it. So im not sure if I want to get another.

I heard that Standard Camber by review is better for locking onto rails. Is this lock shown through 50-50's, Boardslides, or both?
Old 01-02-2010, 02:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I guess I'd have to say that theyvmight lock better on boardslides. But honestly, there's a reason almost everyone is offering jib boards with rocker. People like it for jibbing. If you're dead set against it then the www is definitely a good choice.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 03:50 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
I guess I'd have to say that theyvmight lock better on boardslides. But honestly, there's a reason almost everyone is offering jib boards with rocker. People like it for jibbing. If you're dead set against it then the www is definitely a good choice.
Im not dead set against it. I mean, I love my banana, but all it wants to do is go huge. Which is fine by me. But I always love using the pop and stuff when hopping around the rollers and side jumps near the trees on normal runs. the lack of pop kinda diminishes the enjoyment out of it. Its not as playfull