Rode a Jibpan and... - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2010, 02:21 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Rode a Jibpan and...

Now I want something like it. Basically, I want a second board for having a little more fun on when just cruising around. Looking for something similar, maybe a little bit stiffer, as it felt really soft. I was up on Mount Seymour for our staff demo day today, and gave one a shot, as it was one of the biggest boards they had at a 159. The only thing they had that was bigger that I even felt like riding was a Parkstar 160W, until I realized I found the Jibpan a little soft. I'd gladly grab a Jibpan if there's nothing similar that is a little stiffer, but I'd like to know my options, as I'm willing to consider anything right now. Just started working on riding switch again, small kickers, and wanna do some park riding now, too (more rails/boxes than big kickers), and feel it's an awesome board to work on that for the days I take my brother's up to the mountain or go with friends who can't quite keep up with me when I'm feeling like I need to carry some speed for a good adrenaline rush.

Anyways, I currently weigh 240 and stand at 6'1" so I can't exactly go too short. My boots are an 11, which I fit onto regular width boards without problems so far this year, but was borderline on some of the shorter boards today, so I'd gladly consider a wide board again if necessary to get a little more size. I'm also looking for it just to be a secondary board, as mentioned, to my new main setup (Concept TMS with NRC bindings and FUL boots ).

So far, the boards I've come across are:

K2 Jibpan
Ride Kink
Ride Crush
Stepchild Powder Sucks

I haven't taken a look at many other companies yet, as I'm not sure exactly what I'm looking for, but I am willing to consider anything.
nx_911_turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2010, 03:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

kink, crush, powder sucks

all softer than the jibpan

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 03:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

maybe the o-matic celebrity, the board i got from wired, and my brother is using now, i rode it a little and it is a fairly stiff freestyle board.
Old 01-02-2010, 03:51 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by legallyillegal View Post
kink, crush, powder sucks

all softer than the jibpan
Good to know, thanks! Any suggestions for other boards I could look at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin89 View Post
maybe the o-matic celebrity, the board i got from wired, and my brother is using now, i rode it a little and it is a fairly stiff freestyle board.
Just looking into it now, thanks. Want to check out all my options before deciding on something, though.
nx_911_turbo is offline   Reply With Quote