Turbo Dream or Believer - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2010, 03:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Turbo Dream or Believer

Hey need a little help with a board decision. I'm 5'7" 180lbs and been riding off and on for 15 years now. Been riding a 154 NS Premier and love it, I mostly bomb hills, hit tree lines and small kickers. I want to get into a little park this year so I want something new that can handle the whole mountain and still be able to play around in the park or on the groomers. I did a crapload of research here and throughout the internet and I went out and bought the 156 Turbo Dream, but haven't rode it yet. I'm still on the fence whether I'll like the 159 better? Also been thinking about the new 157 Believer with Flatline since I've never rode a rocker board before. From what I've read the rocker boards sound super fun, but I'm still unsure. Thanks in advance for the advice

Last edited by shredpow; 01-02-2010 at 04:05 PM.
shredpow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2010, 05:43 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredpow View Post
Hey need a little help with a board decision. I'm 5'7" 180lbs and been riding off and on for 15 years now. Been riding a 154 NS Premier and love it, I mostly bomb hills, hit tree lines and small kickers. I want to get into a little park this year so I want something new that can handle the whole mountain and still be able to play around in the park or on the groomers. I did a crapload of research here and throughout the internet and I went out and bought the 156 Turbo Dream, but haven't rode it yet. I'm still on the fence whether I'll like the 159 better? Also been thinking about the new 157 Believer with Flatline since I've never rode a rocker board before. From what I've read the rocker boards sound super fun, but I'm still unsure. Thanks in advance for the advice
Ok coupple of things. My frind owns a 2010 turbo dream and rips on it. I think he has the anti-camber in it. He also owns a believer from last year which i think is cambered or flatlined and he loves both. Umm, i say that park novice's should use a more cambered board just because their more playfull because they can jump off everything and be super fun off small jumps, rails, and side hits on runs (considering my experiences with my banana which i love, but miss the pop)because you can hop so well.

Your Turbo dream wont be as good in the park and learning to ride rails, switch, little spins and small jumps as the Believer, but if you were to stick to the soft pow pow and bombing mountains, then your turbo dream might blow your believer out of the water. Just pick what you value the most for your riding.
xxfinnellxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 07:50 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxfinnellxx View Post
Just pick what you value the most for your riding.
Thanks for the advice. I don't think I'll be in the park that much, mostly all over the mountain, so probably the Turbo Dream was a good choice. Still up in the air about the size. I know the 159 will be more stable at high speeds, but what about the agility in the trees, here the 156 will be better. What size TD does your buddy ride? How tall and heavy do you think he is? Thanks for the help
shredpow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 01:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

If you have lots of powder days at your local hill I would go 59, if it's more on the hard pack side the 56 will be fine.
freshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 01:47 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredpow View Post
Thanks for the advice. I don't think I'll be in the park that much, mostly all over the mountain, so probably the Turbo Dream was a good choice. Still up in the air about the size. I know the 159 will be more stable at high speeds, but what about the agility in the trees, here the 156 will be better. What size TD does your buddy ride? How tall and heavy do you think he is? Thanks for the help
its a 3 cm difference so it will be almost un-noticeable. But if trees are really that tight, a 152 or something is ideal. I ride a 156 and its fine. I mean your probably gonna be bound to clip a few anyways. I know i still do, but i dont sweat it. You get most of your agility through your legs and core balance, so i wouldnt limit your ability by your board length unless your hard hittin park like i do. I had a bitch out when i figured my banana was a 159 and I asked for a 156 (and of course i swapped it), so i understand what your feelin. But for what your gonna do, your fine. I have another buddy of mine who rides a 164 through trees, and he kills me through them. hes even a little more heavyset and a little taller too. But for my freind who rips the turbo dream, he is about the same as me with a height of 5'9 and weight of 150 give or take a few pounds
xxfinnellxx is offline   Reply With Quote