Edge bevel quick question - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 02:53 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Edge bevel quick question

Hi guys, I've a ns evo-r and I've ridden a few times without any beveling.

I'm planning to bevel the base and side edge from a shop. The question is will -2/-2 be okay for all mountain riding other than park and jib?

thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 03:46 AM

Yeah. Its still a sharp 90, and lifted a bit because of the base bevel. It will act like a 90 but not as catchy due to the base bevel

Helgason Pride
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2011 edit thingy. Peep it, there are backflips.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 04:01 PM
Veteran Member

i wouldnt suggest beveling the base to 2 degress off. try maybe 1 at first and see how it works out.

once u bevel it how u want to, then your board wont be as stable on higher all mtn speeds. and its totally gonna suck on hard pack. Also keep in mind that once u bevel the base 2 degress and then u decide to have it back to normal, the ski shop is going to have to grind down your entire base...do u really want to do that on ur NS?

Without me, my board is useless. Without my board, I am useless

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 04:41 PM

I like my evo with 2 degree bevel everywhere , dont have problem with hardpack.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 12:48 AM Thread Starter

good call, I might just try 1/1 bevel first and see if I like it. I can always do 2/2 afterward! thank guys.

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 01:24 PM Thread Starter

okay so I contacted a few local shops and some of them don't even know what edge beveling is and keep saying all you need is a sharpening and a hot wax. There is one guy that he can "hand tune" it for me after I get my board sharpen and waxed from him.....

I read snowwolf's tuning guide that there is a machine that does base edge beveling automatically, are these machines really rare to come by?

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 07:20 PM

Generally it is ski shops that have the fancy machines. Small "core" snowboard shops generally won't because they are too expensive.

--rick

--Rick

Free How To Snowboard Videos
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Polonia View Post
i wouldnt suggest beveling the base to 2 degress off. try maybe 1 at first and see how it works out.

once u bevel it how u want to, then your board wont be as stable on higher all mtn speeds.
Wrong. Most race boards have a 2 or a 3 degree bevel (at least they used to when I was racing many moons ago). It can actually help when carving at high speeds.

--rick

--Rick

Free How To Snowboard Videos
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 10:11 PM

just do a little research and you will see how easy and inexpensive it is to do yourself. go to youtube and look for "snowboard tuning".
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 09:37 AM

Personal favorite is 1* 88*. Gives an 89* corner. Awesome all over the mountain except for rails and boxes. Might go to 2* 88* or 87* as a mess around after I get my new board.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode