Finally Buying Gear... Need some tips.. - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 12:23 PM
Dlo132

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Smile Finally Buying Gear... Need some tips..

Ok - I know it's my first post here, so be gentle

I am looking to get a board and bindings, but the options available are mind numbing. I am a notorious research whore, and after scouring the web, I am clueless after reading hundreds of reviews. So I am hoping that some of the real riders will give me there input. First my info-

I am 6'2 barefoot, I weigh 190 pouds in my ginch (gonch, gitch depending on where your from), and size 12 boots...- and plan to ride the slopes pver the park- hitting the jumps i can find, and drifting through the trees in hopes of a sniff of powder here and there.

I live in Calgary, Alberta, so will mostly be riding in Banff National Park (Sunshine/Lake Louise)-

I have gone to a few local shops, but they just suggest the cheapest wideboard they have in stock...

I am already comfortable with 90% of blue runs and will follow my better rider friends through the black diamonds, although abit more cauriously right now, as my gear isnt really fitting me proper- (using a standard 156 bullet)-

Some of the boards i have looked at are Rossi Mag One, Bataleon Undisputed, and Endeavor Bod.

Phew! Thanks for taking the time to read this, and i can't wait to hear some feedback, or someone whos alot better then me with an old board in a closet that needs some snowtime badly

Last edited by Dlo132; 01-03-2010 at 12:59 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 12:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What size boot? Do you have to have a wide board?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Live Hard

"When the Government fears the People there is Liberty, When the People fear the Government, there is Tyranny." - Thomas Jefferson
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 12:58 PM
Dlo132

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
OOps--- Wearing a Size 12 boot.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 01:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wide it is then

Check out:

Smokin' Snowboards KT-22 (WIDE)
NS Heritage X (WIDE)
Unity Pride (WIDE)
Unity Reverse (WIDE)
Arbor Roundhouse (WIDE)
Arbor Wasteland (MID-WIDE)
Prior AMF or MFR (Depending on which suits your riding style better)
Venture Zephyr (WIDE)26cm Waist

NS and Smokin' have 3yr Warranties
Arbor, Venture 2yr

Probably go 160cm or better at 190lbs

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Live Hard

"When the Government fears the People there is Liberty, When the People fear the Government, there is Tyranny." - Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by m60g; 01-03-2010 at 01:09 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode