Ride Grace name change? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2010, 10:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
ansey1

Default Ride Grace name change?

Does anyone have information about Ride's Grace board? I found one on sale for super cheap (perhaps 07 model?), but they don't make that style anymore. The only thing I can find online is that Salomon has a board called Grace, but the one I found is def a Ride board.

Any pros or cons on this board and why the name change would be fantastic

thx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2010, 08:56 PM   #2 (permalink)

Ride Grace Snowboard - Women's 2008 : Snowboards | evo
conwayeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 10:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

It looks like the stats for the Ride Grace are nearly identical to the current Ride Solace. It's a beginner-intermediate board and directional, so it would be great for you if you're out there cruising groomer, but not much into the park.
lilfoot1598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
ansey1

Thanks for the info. I wonder if this is the right board for me.

I'm 5'6 and weigh 122 pounds, and I've been riding for about 7 seasons now on a really crappy DBX board. The board is very stiff and it's a 154. The problems I've been having is when at fast speeds I tend to lose control and crash (also on ice in the east, but usually I ride in the powdery western snow). Also, on the blue/blacks, it's a monster to turn and I've got to really muscle it to complete turns on those. I'm pretty much an intermediate rider.

I've seen this Ride Grace at a really great price, but it's a 150 and feels a lot more flexible than the board I've been riding. Do you think it would be a problem to go down in size by 4cm to a more flexible board like that? I was told by a cleark at a local shop that the 154 was way to long for me given my frame and weight. I just don't know if I should stick to the same length and go with a more flexible board, or downsize in length and get a softer flex board.

Any thoughts would be awesome!
Old 01-05-2010, 01:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

You may be more comfortable on a board between 145 and 149. If you are on a cheap board, that could be part of the problems you are experiencing.I wouldn't recommend the Solace for you, though. It is a beginner board and wouldn't be as responsive as you'd like. You can still get intermediate/advanced boards that are softer. I would wait another month when this year's boards start to go on sale. Look for a higher-end all-mountain freestyle board. Gnu, Roxy, Burton, Never Summer, Capita, Bataleon, and K2 are some brands to look into.
lilfoot1598 is offline   Reply With Quote