Goggle Lenses - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2007, 05:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
AK-Man

Default Goggle Lenses

Hey guys, I been poking around the net trying to find the answer to my questions but can't find it so am taking the easy route and asking you!!!

I understand that Vermillon lenses (rose colored) are great (maybe the preferred) lense for overcast days. I am gonna buy me a pair of Vermillon goggles for just that occassion.

My question is: What is the difference between Vermillon and Vermillon gun???? They even have Vermillon Modulated which I assume is a lens that maybe adjusts based on ambient light.

Anyway, does anyone know?????

AK-Man
Noob
Got all the gear (except goggles) but NO SNOW!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2007, 01:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
THE OFF PHISTE WHORE

what brand google???
Old 12-07-2007, 10:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
AK-Man

Hey guys,

Thanks for the replies. I am looking at Bolle brand goggles. I wear eyeglasses so was looking for OTG goggles (Over The Glasses) goggles.

Looking at the Bolle X9 goggle and trying to figure if I want regular Vermillon (rose colored) or Vermillon Gun, which, as Snowolf indicates, is a Vermillon lens (good for overcast days) but with UV protection. It isn't rose color but appears to be "mirror" in color.

Regular Vermillon goggle is $39.95. It is an extra $9.00 for the Vermillon Gun.

Think I am gonna order the Vermillon Gun one. I suppose UV protection is better than not and I am thinking the mirrored finish will make me look cooler than the rose color lens =)

Here is link: Bolle X9 Ski/ Snowboard Goggles OTG - Over The Glasses Goggles w/ FREE UPS 20188 20189 20191 20190 20186
Old 12-07-2007, 11:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
AK-Man

=) I will buy another pair for sunny days. Looking around for them now. Perhaps exactly the same pair but with different lense. Not sure if I should go with the polarized brown or the citrus color for sunny days.

Crossing my fingers for low light and heavy snow when we are ridingin Alyeska! Forecast is for snow on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday (but only described as "snow showers"). Also getting cooler temps going forward.

I still find it hard to believe we won't have decent riding conditions in late December so I remain optimistic!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-07-2007, 11:53 AM   #5 (permalink)

Vermillion gun is also rose in colour. it has a reflecting outer film, but from inside the goggles it's still rose. I've got a pair of vermillion gun, but I can't say much with regards to how they are on the hills. I'm only starting this year, and it's my first pair, but I'm gonna be doing a lot of night riding.
romesaz is offline   Reply With Quote