Need Advice in Picking a New Board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2010, 02:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
khiyasu

Default Need Advice in Picking a New Board

Hi guys,

This is my first season snowboarding and it has been awesome. I shred it up in Whistler and am currently comfortable with blue runs. I am looking to buy a board and would appreciate some advice from you guys.

I am 5-10 about 180-190 lbs and I am looking for an all mountain freestyle board for back country and just normal riding. I may be interested in getting into the park but nothing really major there. I have come across a few board through research and just recommendations. If you could give your opinions or recommendations for what board would be awesome for Whistler, it would be greatly appreciated.

A few of the boards are:

1. Easy Livin
2. Easy Livin Flying V
3. Burton Custom V-Rocker
4. Joystick
5. K2 Slayblade
6. Lib Tech Skate Banana

What do you guys think? I have gotten the most recommendations for the Easy Livin board and I'm starting to like it very much. However, after research, I found that Easy Livin is a park board. Does it matter that I am not going to be that much into park?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2010, 07:32 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by khiyasu View Post
Hi guys,

This is my first season snowboarding and it has been awesome. I shred it up in Whistler and am currently comfortable with blue runs. I am looking to buy a board and would appreciate some advice from you guys.

I am 5-10 about 180-190 lbs and I am looking for an all mountain freestyle board for back country and just normal riding. I may be interested in getting into the park but nothing really major there. I have come across a few board through research and just recommendations. If you could give your opinions or recommendations for what board would be awesome for Whistler, it would be greatly appreciated.

A few of the boards are:

1. Easy Livin
2. Easy Livin Flying V
3. Burton Custom V-Rocker
4. Joystick
5. K2 Slayblade
6. Lib Tech Skate Banana

What do you guys think? I have gotten the most recommendations for the Easy Livin board and I'm starting to like it very much. However, after research, I found that Easy Livin is a park board. Does it matter that I am not going to be that much into park?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.
IMHO if your not spending a ton of time in the park you can pretty much cross of the Skate Banana and Easy Living boards. It is a toss up between the Customer V-rocker and Joystick, both are "Good Wood" winners (even if your a Burton hater lol). If you are OK with the ICS mounting system on the new Burton boards, I would opt for the Joystick. It's more of an all mountain freestyle board. If you prefer not to go with the ICS system, then that narrows it down to the Slayblade. BTW, the Slayblade looks to be a very nice deck. I forget the exact term, but I think the Slayblade is a flat deck that has either no or minimal camber and rocker in it.

If it were my choice on these, it would be the Joystick or Slayblade for all mountain freestyle riding. Just my 2 pennies worth.
SnoRidr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 11:37 AM   #3 (permalink)
khiyasu

Thanks!

The only reason I put Easy Livin on there was because people I had talked to said that it is a park board but its also a lot of fun riding it in natural terrain. Thanks for your input. It definitely helps!
Old 01-04-2010, 11:43 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I would also look into the lib tech trs btx. Used it all last season and loved it for an all mountain board, it was a lot of fun to ride. I really have no clue if it is stiffer or softer than the joystick but I do know it has handled anything I have thrown at it quite well.
djsaad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 11:44 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Rome Agent
Capita Indoor Survival

two more I'd add. I use a "park" board for my all mountain stick. perfect for hitting just about everything.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:46 AM   #6 (permalink)
khiyasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakk View Post
Rome Agent
Capita Indoor Survival

two more I'd add. I use a "park" board for my all mountain stick. perfect for hitting just about everything.
So Easy Livin/Skate Banana would be just as good for all mountain?
Old 01-04-2010, 11:47 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by khiyasu View Post
Thanks!

The only reason I put Easy Livin on there was because people I had talked to said that it is a park board but its also a lot of fun riding it in natural terrain. Thanks for your input. It definitely helps!
If possible, you should try to check them out in person. Visit a shop that has the boards you mentioned in person. Then you can check the flex on them etc. I forgot to mention if your looking to freeride more then park ride, I'd check out the Lib Tech TRS rather than the Banana. It basically a stiffer skate banana. Still has the magnetraction, banana tech rocker technology, but more directed toward freeriding/all mountain freestyle riding then park specific.
SnoRidr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 07:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
khiyasu

Thanks! I really like the reviews of the Joystick and Easy Livin. V-Rocker had some good reviews too. Do you guys have any good/fun boards that you would recommend?