wide womens board? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2010, 10:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default wide womens board?

so my sister is in need of some help. shes been riding the same board for a long time now and shes grown out of it. Shes been complaining her boots hurt so i told her to get sized new ones, and she got size 11's. now she has too much over hang on her board, and needs a new one. i've been shopping around but i can't seem to find anything wide enough (like 24.5ish?) shes looking for something in the 149-151 range and shes a beginner all mountain rider... recommending any woman's bindings would be helpful aswell

would a really soft mens board work or do women boards have different characteristics that a mens board besides flex...
jtchompy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2010, 10:16 PM   #2 (permalink)

Yes, a good idea for her would be to look into soft flexing men's freestyle boards in her weight range.
GC24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 10:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The Burton Feather come in a mid-wide 148 and 152. However, the Feather is a very soft beginner's board that she'd likely grow out of too quickly, especially considering that she already has some experience. I'm sure there are some men's boards out there that would work just fine.

As for bindings:
Ride Vxn or Dva
Rome Madison
K2 Virtue
Union Milan or Trilogy
Burton Lexas or Escapades (stay away from the Stilettos, for the love of all that is holy)
lilfoot1598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 10:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

+1 for her looking into men's boards/bindings.
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 10:48 PM   #5 (permalink)

she has women's boots, would that present problems with men's bindings she doesn't want to spend a lot of money cause she got really nice boots,
i was thinking bout this K2 Snowboard WWW 151 - eBay (item 110477373339 end time Jan-09-10 13:17:11 PST)
Old 01-05-2010, 01:02 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtchompy View Post
she has women's boots, would that present problems with men's bindings she doesn't want to spend a lot of money cause she got really nice boots,
i was thinking bout this K2 Snowboard WWW 151 - eBay (item 110477373339 end time Jan-09-10 13:17:11 PST)
She will be able to mount womens or mens bindings on the board. Just have her bring her boot to the shop when checking out bindings to make sure they match up size wise.
GC24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 03:50 AM   #7 (permalink)

i am wearing a men's size 10 boot, so instead of going women's i choose my set up the way a man would.

I assume your sister wants a female set up because of the board designs. Is that correct?
bassholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 04:19 AM   #8 (permalink)
Resident poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtchompy View Post
so my sister is in need of some help. shes been riding the same board for a long time now and shes grown out of it. Shes been complaining her boots hurt so i told her to get sized new ones, and she got size 11's. now she has too much over hang on her board, and needs a new one. i've been shopping around but i can't seem to find anything wide enough (like 24.5ish?) shes looking for something in the 149-151 range and shes a beginner all mountain rider... recommending any woman's bindings would be helpful aswell

would a really soft mens board work or do women boards have different characteristics that a mens board besides flex...
well you say she has been riding the same board for a long time...yet she is a beginner all mountian rider....so what is it...is she a pro park rider venturing out of the park now?

so are her feet men or women's size 11...if women's ll are about 9.5-10 in mens and how much does she weigh and how tall and old?...is she a freakishly big footed little satchsquatch/yeti gal?

but she should be able to ride any regular flexy men's board...this past couple weeks saw quite a few women riding regular skate bananas

also did you adjust her old bindings...that is move the heel cup back so the boots are centered in the binding...you could also consider ducking out her angles or riser plates...but I doubt that she has any serious toe drag...unless her old board is a kiddy 135-140 sized board.

I'd think many women's 153-158 boards are going to be wide enough....and a men's 153-155 should be fine. If she gets a men's board...just girly it up with pink stickers.

Last edited by wrathfuldeity; 01-05-2010 at 04:22 AM.
wrathfuldeity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:28 AM   #9 (permalink)

+1 for getting a mens snowboard. I'm jealous; guys have a much larger selection of boards.
unsunken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 06:43 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathfuldeity View Post
well you say she has been riding the same board for a long time...yet she is a beginner all mountian rider....so what is it...is she a pro park rider venturing out of the park now?

so are her feet men or women's size 11...if women's ll are about 9.5-10 in mens and how much does she weigh and how tall and old?...is she a freakishly big footed little satchsquatch/yeti gal?

but she should be able to ride any regular flexy men's board...this past couple weeks saw quite a few women riding regular skate bananas

also did you adjust her old bindings...that is move the heel cup back so the boots are centered in the binding...you could also consider ducking out her angles or riser plates...but I doubt that she has any serious toe drag...unless her old board is a kiddy 135-140 sized board.

I'd think many women's 153-158 boards are going to be wide enough....and a men's 153-155 should be fine. If she gets a men's board...just girly it up with pink stickers.
shes had this board for like 3 years, but we only used to go up with family, so it wasn't very often. now she's on a team that goes up twice a week. she knows the basics but still is having trouble on blacks. she shows no interest in the park. and her boots are 11 womens. i did adjust her old board. i ducked her out 15/-15 and her bindings are such crap that you can't adjust them at all, not even the straps, and they only get 1 click on her new boots. her old board is a 151, and shes about 125 and 5'6.