Torn between Neversummer Premier or Rome Anthem - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2007, 12:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
CorruptAssault

Default Torn between Neversummer Premier or Rome Anthem

Hi all -
I"m an intermediate rider who currently rides freeride/all mountain. I'll eventually get into park as soon as I can up my level in Freeride. I do want to get into jumps and some mild freestyle on the mountain this season. I'm looking for a board that is stable at speed, responsive, allow an intermediate rider to advance to the next level. I've narrowed my decision to the Premier and the Anthem. I was curious on your thoughts between the two. It looks like the Anthem is more versatile but is it stable?

Oh and I'm in SoCal so I would be riding Snow Summit, Mtn High and occasionally Mammoth.

I also plan on using either 390s or Targa binding with either board. Although I'm afraid the Targas are made more for the advanced-expert rider as it's very stiff (i.e. very reponsive). Based on what I'm looking to do, do you think the 390's would be better. As mentioned I do mainly freeride and may hit the parks someday. However I'm looking to start doing jumps up on the mountain this season.

Thanks a ton!

Last edited by CorruptAssault; 12-07-2007 at 12:34 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2007, 12:39 AM   #2 (permalink)

for freeride targas will be better and will handle whatever you want to do with them. personally i'd say the rome anthem just on the fact i have never heard 1 negative thing about it. just great solid comments. Plus the anthem will def. allow you to advance because it will also handle jumps.
rrrtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 09:06 AM   #3 (permalink)
prats

I just bought my first board, so I'm not an expert but my anthem and targa bindings just arrived and they are absolutely stunning. i cant wait to get out to CB next week. so i recommend the anthem!

Also, check out tightboards.com]They're registered dealers of Rome and are offering 10% off all purchases (plus no sales tax and free shipping). Use these codes: TBEM110, tb10mail1. I bought my gear through them and got everything on time. It was the best deal i could find living in TX. I think most stores will give you 10% off if you buy a bundle...but most states still have taxes of 8%.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:04 AM   #4 (permalink)

Wow...I'm in the same boat in tems of bindings. I hope others chime in.

Hey Prats...that's awesome of you to post that information. Thanks! I'll check them out for the bindings!
EC99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 10:12 AM   #5 (permalink)
prats

NP. I had the same concerns about the bindings...they convinced me to cough up more $$$ and get the targa's!

PS...i think the discount is valid till dec 15th only.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:51 AM   #6 (permalink)
trackit

I have NS Premier and its really nice board for freerideing. Its stable and handles speed very well, with Never Summer you cant go much wrong. I havent used Rome Anthem though, so i cant compare the two but i have heard nothing bad about Rome either, so i guess my comment is kinda usless lol