lamar vs K2, mens vs womans? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2010, 01:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
bekki659

Default lamar vs K2, mens vs womans?

Hey guys! I'm brand new to snowboarding- as in, I've been like a handful of times. I got a board, bindings and boots from a guy I know for a REALLY cheap price when I moved up here, and so far, its been a good investment since I go often. My board is a 144 inch Lamar Merlot thats a few years old. It seems to be in decent shape.

My neighbor, who is a few inches taller than me (I'm a chick, he's a dude) and cant be more than 5-10 lbs heavier than me. He bought a new board this past fall, then decided recently that he has neither the money nor the motivation to go with me and my boyfriend/friends to the slopes. Its a K2 Brigade (I think? The letters are weird). Since he's roughly the same size as me, he said if I wanted it, and it worked for me, I could possibly buy it.

So my question is: which do you guys think would be better for me as far as board quality, size, fit, ect?

Me: 5'7 or so with boots on so, 123 lbs
Him: About 5'8, maybe a little less (without boots)

My board: 144 inches, about 2 inches below my chin with boots on (even though I hear thats not the best way to measure a board for a person)

His board: 147 inches, about 1.5 inches above my chin

These are the specs for his board:
waist: 24.5 cm
weight range: 110-190 lbs
sidecut: 7.90 m
effective edge: 116.77 cm
top width: 28.67 cm
tail width: same ^
stance width: 19 in

My board, from what I can see:
waist width: about 1/4 an inch smaller on each side of the waist than his
And towards the end, generally thinner than his (which I hear is better for women)

There isnt any noticeable difference in weight (not that I have a scale or anything)

Soo what do you guys think based on that? Any advice is great! If I could, I would just go take it out and try it, but Im hesitant to do that, since its still new in the bag, and he could get more money for it if its that way. He would let me, but I'd feel bad.

Thanks!

Last edited by bekki659; 01-06-2010 at 01:25 PM. Reason: adding picture