Ride Antic158/162W vs Fleewood158/161?? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2010, 03:21 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Ride Antic158/162W vs Fleewood158/161??

Ok I think I've narrowed it down between these 2 boars and 2 sizes. I'm 5'11" 220lb with size 12 boots I mostly freeride on hard pack groomers, and ride trees any chance I get, no park but like to jump big rollers. From what I've read the Antic and the Fleetwood are very similar but the Antic is a twin and the fleetwood is directional. What are the advantages/differences of the twin or directional? Is there anything about either board that makes one better? As for size I'm on the fence between the 158 and the 161/162, I don't want to get something too big that will be difficult to ride the woods on so that is why i'm looking at the 158 even though most "snowboard size charts" point me to a 162, I've been riding a 155 K2 double wide & a 154 K2 fatbob for the last couple years and it very nimble in the trees.

Chris
Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2010, 04:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The antic comes with a sintered base and Ride's Carbon Array. The fleetwood is more of a low end deck. Consider the fleetwood if you want a great wide freeride board from Ride. Also, the machete comes in a wide and is only $30 more than an antic. I lowrize rocker is worth the extra over the price of an antic IMO
redlude97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 04:50 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlude97 View Post
The antic comes with a sintered base and Ride's Carbon Array. The fleetwood is more of a low end deck. Consider the fleetwood if you want a great wide freeride board from Ride. Also, the machete comes in a wide and is only $30 more than an antic. I lowrize rocker is worth the extra over the price of an antic IMO
Most of my snowboarding is freeriding, so are you saying the fleetwood would be a better freeride board than the Antic? I assume the sintered base is better on the Antic.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
Most of my snowboarding is freeriding, so are you saying the fleetwood would be a better freeride board than the Antic? I assume the sintered base is better on the Antic.
The fleetwood would be stiffer overall which would make it slightly better at freeriding, but slower and less responsive compared to the Antic. Personally I would rather have the Antic even if it was for freeriding only
redlude97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 05:10 PM   #5 (permalink)

Cool thanks.