Bataleon Questions - NEED INFO - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2010, 04:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
iTz_MiChAeL_223

Default Bataleon Questions - NEED INFO

Ok so ive been looking for nice boards and on one of these forums I saw someone was looking for bataleon. So i figured they were really nice and I saw a bunch on ebay and other websites but most of them were 400$+ until i found a Brand New 2007 Bataleon Goliath for 180$ so what im wandering is why the price is so low and also i would love more info on Bataleon because im thinking about getting it. So are Bataleons nice? and why is the price so low?

New Bataleon Goliath 145 cm snowboard snow board 145cm - eBay (item 320470192207 end time Jan-10-10 06:07:34 PST)

that is the board.

any info would be great
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2010, 05:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
rpanga

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTz_MiChAeL_223 View Post
Ok so ive been looking for nice boards and on one of these forums I saw someone was looking for bataleon. So i figured they were really nice and I saw a bunch on ebay and other websites but most of them were 400$+ until i found a Brand New 2007 Bataleon Goliath for 180$ so what im wandering is why the price is so low and also i would love more info on Bataleon because im thinking about getting it. So are Bataleons nice? and why is the price so low?

New Bataleon Goliath 145 cm snowboard snow board 145cm - eBay (item 320470192207 end time Jan-10-10 06:07:34 PST)

that is the board.

any info would be great

Price is low since its 3 seasons old. Current season is 2010. Bataleon is a great European board company. Not very popular in the US but a very big following in Europe. Solid boards. TBT is cool.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

That's a good deal on a sick board so you should jump on it. Another forum member posted a thread about buying recently too: http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boa...del-175-a.html
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 05:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
iTz_MiChAeL_223

Thanks for the advice, i read some reviews and some say that they love it and its awesome and some say its terrible so idk what to believe
Old 01-06-2010, 05:39 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTz_MiChAeL_223 View Post
Thanks for the advice, i read some reviews and some say that they love it and its awesome and some say its terrible so idk what to believe
I love my Bataleon Goliath. But then again I really don't have anything to compare it to other than the crappy Burton Cruzer I rented prior to buying the Bataleon.
ThugHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

IMO, if you like the board, buy it because not only is it a great price, but you will always find good and bad reviews about anything and everything.
DC5R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 03:02 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I have last year's Goliath. It's quick edge to edge, carves well, bombs pretty fast, good pop, and great in powder. It works well in all conditions honestly. I'm not great at jumps or rails, but it's competent in both. I've taken it off some jumps, but I'm a wuss when it comes to big jumps. :P

I'm going to go on a camber tangent for a bit:

It's got camber like a traditional board + TBT. I'm not an expert, but logic would dictate that rockered boards might edge out TBT when it comes to buttering and powder, but not by a ton. I mean, people have been riding traditional boards for the majority of snowboarding and they still seem to butter and ride pow pretty well I think companies throw the term "all-mountain" board out there a lot, with Bataleon's TBT probably being truly the best all-mountain solution.

I compared it against my nitro sub-pop, which I understand is comparing apples to oranges, but it helped me see how versatile it was. I had to detune the edges on my sub pop to try and use it how it was meant to be used, and in doing so really sacrificed its stability in ungroomed snow and icy conditions. It was a delight in powder and trying to butter though. As the day wore on into the night, and the snow became more unstable, I had to switch back to the Goliath.

I would love to try a never summer SL-R, one of the burton rockered boards, a skate banana, and a c2 power banana to really decide where I think TBT technology sits.
phile00 is offline   Reply With Quote