(Capita Board Question) So I bought my gear a bit blind. Any thoughts? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2010, 02:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
chicagoblue

Default (Capita Board Question) So I bought my gear a bit blind. Any thoughts?

Hi all,

I grew up in BC an did a ton of skiing growing up before getting into boarding just before I left for college and the midwest. I'd just borrowed/rented sticks before, but this year I'm heading out to Colorado for a week and decided to get a full set-up.

I did as much research as I could and I think I'll be happy with most of the stuff I got. However, like a true noob I bought a board sight unseen and without having been able to find many reviews/opinions on it.

The board I got is the 08/09 Capita Mind/Heart Torn. ( CAPITA MIND & HEART TORN (MHT) SNOWBOARD-Eternal Snow ) I bought it because I didn't want a shit plank (5150, Lamar etc) and the price seemed very good for a new board $225 shipped. It also received a 'Good Wood' award from Transworld, but that was pretty much the only write-up I could find. I didn't see anything on here or any other forums, and I was in the middle of my gearing up spree so I bought it.

Obviously I should have asked these questions first, but I can still return the board so I'd like to hear any thoughts the community has.

I'm 5'6, 145 and will want to be all over the mountain, but probably less in the park than anywhere else (I'm going to try to hit a few boxes and such, but nothing too exciting, being a flatlander and all). For what it's worth I'll be in the Vail area, plus whatever crap hills I make it to around here.

My other gear: Ride Spis, DC Silohs.

Apologies for the post length, and thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2010, 08:40 PM   #2 (permalink)

you'll be fine me thinks
RickB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 08:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

^ +1
10char
SPAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 01:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
chicagoblue

Could either of you explain a bit more? Have you ridden this board?
Old 01-08-2010, 01:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
mitchamus

I have never ridden that exact model before. But i have had 3 capitas still ride two of them.
They make good stuff. Once you ride it you'll know if you made a mistake. Unfortunalty that the only way to find out. what works for me, might not work for you.