Waxing for the 2nd time on a 2nd board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2007, 05:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cking86

Default Waxing for the 2nd time on a 2nd board

Alright snowboard geeks here's a brain buster for ya...

I plan on hot waxing a board for the second time ever very soon and was wondering, although the edges of the base are clearly in need of wax, the center is in ok condition. Do I have to remove all the wax from the board before putting on a fresh coat? If so, whats the best method to remove already adhered wax? I've heard melt it up and then scrape before it dries, is this true? Also, the existing wax we're talking about is from the factory, I don't know if that matters. Should I just go ahead and start glopping on new wax over whatever exists?!?! I'm nervous. Need answers.

Peace, Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2007, 06:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
BoardTard Xtrordinair

Well I'll tell you this, I take my boards in for a good "shop tune" once a year because they definitely know more about it than I do. I would be willing to bet they blast it with base cleaner before they wax it. Me, I've never used base cleaner and I wax my board somewhat regularily. I personally haven't noticed any difference. Sorry all I have is personal experience, others will probably disagree and they might just be right lol.
Mr. Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 10:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
Jhonyquest97

I work at a shop. We use winterstager base cleaner prior to doing any tunes. You should get all of the wax off your base, waxing doesn't just help with snow to board friction but it helps to romove all the dirt and crap you ride over. Go look on burtons website, they have a tutorial or something on waxing a board. You don't have to own a 60k dollar machine to get a good tune.