The 2018 Snowboard Gear Preview Thread - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

76Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 221 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 06:15 AM Thread Starter
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 424 Post(s)
The 2018 Snowboard Gear Preview Thread

Just when you were starting to get used to 2017....

Yup, we are just back from our WWSRA trade show here in Portland Oregon and the 2018 goodness is looking EPIC. 25 years of trade shows and..new snowboarding gear still gets the heart racing. So STOKED!

As usual we snapped off a load of images that we will update to this thread. Let's call this the first installment.

First off, the new Gnu MÜLLAIR is sick looking! I can't draw, but if I could, I would draw that.

Addidas double BOA.

Flux is bringing there boots to North America. This is an amazingly refined looking product. Sample sizes only so no try on info yet.

Loving Capita's new Outer Space Living.

Digging Jones' new Mountain Twin. Whoulda thunk mountains would look so good on a snowboard?

Burton Skeleton Key. Yup.

Burton is all in for step-in - whoops! - step-on for 2018. All other factors aside I can tell yo that the boots and bindings are an impressively light weight (weight being one of the more common complaints with earlier step-in systems).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
|
|

Last edited by Wiredsport; 01-04-2017 at 06:33 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 221 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 06:25 AM
Veteran Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Oooo nice. What are those Capitas? One of them the new Kazu?
MMSlasher likes this.
post #3 of 221 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 06:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Never summer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
post #4 of 221 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 06:56 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by robotfood99 View Post
Oooo nice. What are those Capitas? One of them the new Kazu?
The black one could be, seems like a asian theme like the koi fish from this year, but I don't know. Then again, that could be the Outer Space Living that was mentioned, but that dragon doesn't seem to match that theme. I have already started saving for either the Kazu or the Skeleton Key. I hope the SK isn't all hype. From what little I have found on the Kazu, people seem to love it, but I don't know anyone that owns it. From what even less I have found about the SK, I still know nothing about it other than 1 or 2 site reviews and the hype.
post #5 of 221 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 07:29 AM
Veteran Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMSlasher View Post
The black one could be, seems like a asian theme like the koi fish from this year, but I don't know. Then again, that could be the Outer Space Living that was mentioned, but that dragon doesn't seem to match that theme. I have already started saving for either the Kazu or the Skeleton Key. I hope the SK isn't all hype. From what little I have found on the Kazu, people seem to love it, but I don't know anyone that owns it. From what even less I have found about the SK, I still know nothing about it other than 1 or 2 site reviews and the hype.

Yeah me too. Lack of reviews makes me more curious to try either one. Might jump on the current Kazu if the price moves south a bit. Skeleton Key, I prefer the current colorway but doubtful I'll find it discounted.
post #6 of 221 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 07:49 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
I went for the branch manager over the SK but I might get the 2018 SK as I really dig that top sheet!
post #7 of 221 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 09:29 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
More CAPiTA please.
post #8 of 221 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 10:04 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Looking forward to the next set of images!
post #9 of 221 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 03:50 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
17/18 Prior catalog is up on zuzupopo, hopefully the link works.
zuzupopo / Catalogues - zuzupopo
poutanen likes this.
post #10 of 221 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 04:16 PM
The Swiss Miss

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 871 Post(s)
@Wiredsport Any news on the stiff women's BC boots front?
Deacon and Winter_Lion like this.

I really thought quicksand was going to be a much bigger issue in my life when I was little

Last edited by neni; 01-05-2017 at 07:09 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode