Anyone ride a Yes board? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2010, 01:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Default Anyone ride a Yes board?

I was taking a look at their technology called camrocker and it seems like it's the opposite of the gullwing designs that Nitro, burton, and Never summer use. It has camber between the feet and rockers at the tip and tail. I saw hoon had a review of it and he seemed to get Yes's tech confused with burton's flying v, which it is nothing like.

Anyhow, if anyone here has ridden it, how does it ride? I'm curious since it seems a step in a different direction of everyone else.
phile00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2010, 08:59 PM   #2 (permalink)

sounds a lot like rossignol's amptec... its on my rossignol angus but cant give you any advice since there's not enough snow here yet (in iceland !!!) but i'm driving to the other side of the country to get some snow next weekend
addon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 09:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

That camrock looks like some crazy shit... I really want to ride one to see how it feels though.

Looks like it would be incredibly loose feeling and pretty much impossible to catch an edge...

We're going to be seeing some crazy shapes in our snowboards in the near future. I think that's going to be a major factor to companies trying to sell more and more boards each year. Keep the designs interesting to people and keep em rolling off the shelves.
Moral of the story: If your going to rob people, wear a diaper.
Milo303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 10:13 PM   #4 (permalink)

I want to say that I haven't been on one yet but my local shop sells them , infact thay sold out of them and all the guys that I spoke with that got one love them so far.
NHrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

w/o reading hoons review on the Yes board ill at least defend him and say he knows his shit so whatever comps he makes are probably legit. also I do remember him talking about testing the flyv and the yes at pretty much the same time so his writing may just be a comparison of the two not necessarily saying they are similar though. I picked up a Yes at Milosport just to look at it and it felt like a load of bricks. im not sure if its really a heavy board or if my sierrascope is just really light
burritosandsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo303 View Post

We're going to be seeing some crazy shapes in our snowboards in the near future. I think that's going to be a major factor to companies trying to sell more and more boards each year. Keep the designs interesting to people and keep em rolling off the shelves.
I agree with this .... but it also kinda sucks in that you used to pretty much be able to pick a company you were stoked on a grab a board from their selection that fit your style. now though its like ok ive never had a signal board but i think they are a pretty cool company and id like to try them but what if im not into their version of alternate camber ... makes it alot more risky to go out on a limb and buy something imo... oh well
burritosandsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 01:04 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by burritosandsnow View Post
w/o reading hoons review on the Yes board ill at least defend him and say he knows his shit so whatever comps he makes are probably legit. also I do remember him talking about testing the flyv and the yes at pretty much the same time so his writing may just be a comparison of the two not necessarily saying they are similar though. I picked up a Yes at Milosport just to look at it and it felt like a load of bricks. im not sure if its really a heavy board or if my sierrascope is just really light
My shop at home had a few yes boards and they were heavy as fuck, so your not the only one. I would also be curious to hear how they ride, but at the same time there too many board companies nowadays to keep track of.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:02 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Heavy is a turn off for me. I'd still like to ride one. Funky design. I'd like to see some more legit reviews of it.
phile00 is offline   Reply With Quote