Never Summer Graphics = Ed Hardy Reject Art for the Snowboard World? - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

87Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 81 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 08:57 AM
Veteran Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 543 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by linvillegorge View Post
I'm fine with most of their graphics. But yeah, the graphics on The West really hold it back. A bass? Really? If you're gonna go with a fishing motif, go with a trout to fit the vibe. How many snowboarding areas are known for their bass fishing? None. Snowboarding areas are trout fishing areas. I thought the elk graphic last year was fine. It fit. Not everyone will dig it, but it fit.
The West really pulls my living room together though with the way it complements my Big Mouth Billy Bass singing wall hanging.

I'm hoping the next one comes out with something to match my dogs playing poker painting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 81 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 09:15 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by linvillegorge View Post
I'm fine with most of their graphics. But yeah, the graphics on The West really hold it back. A bass? Really? If you're gonna go with a fishing motif, go with a trout to fit the vibe. How many snowboarding areas are known for their bass fishing? None. Snowboarding areas are trout fishing areas. I thought the elk graphic last year was fine. It fit. Not everyone will dig it, but it fit.

IMO, it's the best all around board they've ever built, but the graphic is gonna turn a lot of people off. I wouldn't buy that bass board either and I'm not a guy heavily swayed by graphics.
Totally agree the fish should have been a trout. I would not buy the bass. Dumb. I did like the elk and I think the bison will look cool.
linvillegorge likes this.
post #23 of 81 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 09:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
had to goole the board for this i kinda dig it
linvillegorge and Alonzo like this.
post #24 of 81 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 09:36 AM
Veteran Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fielding View Post
I have a NS Cobra from a couple of years ago that I love to ride. It's a well designed and well built board. But the graphics give me the douche chills. Anybody else? The tat inspired bird with daggers and crosses and shit reminds me of a cheezy tshirt that Justin Bieber would have worn out clubbing a few years ago.
Never having gone clubbing with Justin Beiber, I can't put a picture to this idea. I know the NS graphics change from year to year and some of them I like and others are more "meh".

Do you have a pick of the specific graphic from that year?

Edit: the eagle/phoenix is an element in many of their graphics and I like it. It's pretty absurd to compare that to the Nazi's- the eagle on the German flag was for West Germany, not the Nazis, BTW. The way West Germany was set up after WWII was about as anti-Nazi as you could get.

Not a fan of the bass, but liked the elk.

Edit2: I googled Ed Hardy and that that looks way more like Lib Tech than NS....
linvillegorge and Deacon like this.

Last edited by deagol; 01-10-2017 at 10:00 AM.
post #25 of 81 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 10:49 AM
Banned!

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 401 Post(s)
i think the old heritage with eagle and flag was badass

i like the realism pictures on the west, regardless of which, i just like how it looks a photo almost, my eyes enjoy dont spend alot of time worrying its bass
linvillegorge likes this.

Support Local Business
"Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart!" - Ash
post #26 of 81 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 11:00 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deagol View Post
Never having gone clubbing with Justin Beiber, I can't put a picture to this idea. I know the NS graphics change from year to year and some of them I like and others are more "meh".

Do you have a pick of the specific graphic from that year?

Edit: the eagle/phoenix is an element in many of their graphics and I like it. It's pretty absurd to compare that to the Nazi's- the eagle on the German flag was for West Germany, not the Nazis, BTW. The way West Germany was set up after WWII was about as anti-Nazi as you could get.

Not a fan of the bass, but liked the elk.

Edit2: I googled Ed Hardy and that that looks way more like Lib Tech than NS....

yeah thats a silly thing to bring in to it....I can see why people would find NS graphics "lame" but I like that they're a little less in your face than many others. It won't be something I look at in 5 years and say "wow, I was in to some silly stuff". I agree that the Libs and some others have far more ridiculous art.
deagol likes this.
post #27 of 81 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 11:09 AM
Veteran Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowklinger View Post
.... dont spend alot of time worrying its bass
Every time I see the NS bass, I am reminded of this guy

post #28 of 81 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 11:14 AM
Veteran Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 487 Post(s)
Jerry Clower was fucking hilarious.
deagol likes this.
post #29 of 81 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 11:51 AM
TLN

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
I'm fine with graphics. Not great, but pretty nice.
I really live Quincy Quigg graphics on Lib tech Skunk Apes from 4-5 years ago: dark, demons, nice details.
On the other hand I don't really care about it: I got a chance to get a custom graphics and went all black (ptex topsheet)
Alonzo likes this.
post #30 of 81 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
I feel like NS can provide the boards, t-shirts, and other personal accessories that I need to accentuate my tattoo lifestyle.
Martyc likes this.

Before anybody gets offended, I'm not saying that you can't do proper, fully committed carving turns on a hybrid board. I'm just saying that you can definitely get away with more lazy turns on a hybrid board if you want to. Because it's true.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode