Beginnner Setup - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2010, 04:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Veritas

Default Quick Help Needed!!!

Hello everyone. I am looking into getting my first snowboard set up and was curious if anyone here could help steer me in the right direction equipment wise. I have only gone out a couple times and I am sure it is a sport I want to invest my time in so I had a couple of questions. I am hoping to go tonight and get the stuff, just want to make sure I am getting the right stuff

First off I am about 170-180 lbs, beginner, foot size 11, mainly looking at freeriding with possibly a little park once I am more advanced

I am buying my board at sportchek since I get a really good discount there. I am looking at getting the Ride Antic in 157. Other boards I looked into were the Burton Deuce k2 believer, and k2 podium. So I'm curious as to what one you think would be the best for me and why. Also would you go with a 157 or up into a 160?

My other question is about bindings. I am torn between the k2 formula and ride rx. I really do not know what would be more ideal. I am also curious if I should get L or XL since I am a size 11 and both say they fit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Veritas; 01-11-2010 at 05:59 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2010, 06:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veritas

still looking for some help
Old 01-12-2010, 06:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
Hello everyone. I am looking into getting my first snowboard set up and was curious if anyone here could help steer me in the right direction equipment wise. I have only gone out a couple times and I am sure it is a sport I want to invest my time in so I had a couple of questions. I am hoping to go tonight and get the stuff, just want to make sure I am getting the right stuff

First off I am about 170-180 lbs, beginner, foot size 11, mainly looking at freeriding with possibly a little park once I am more advanced

I am buying my board at sportchek since I get a really good discount there. I am looking at getting the Ride Antic in 157. Other boards I looked into were the Burton Deuce k2 believer, and k2 podium. So I'm curious as to what one you think would be the best for me and why. Also would you go with a 157 or up into a 160?

My other question is about bindings. I am torn between the k2 formula and ride rx. I really do not know what would be more ideal. I am also curious if I should get L or XL since I am a size 11 and both say they fit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
how tall are you? This info would make it a lot easier to recommend you the board size.
oliveryochest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 06:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veritas

6'0 but I thought that my height wasn't a factor in determining my board size, was I wrong?
Old 01-12-2010, 07:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
mikejfrd

I was in your boat a few days ago...

Check this thread out:

http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boa...p-me-pick.html

You can still get some great deals on last years gear. This is what I just bought earlier today from The House Snowboards Snowboard Boots Bindings Clothing

1 Ride Antic Snowboard 160: $299.95
1 Skullcandy Icon Headphones Green: $0.00
1 Ride RX Snowboard Bindings Red Large: $99.95
1 Burton Ruler Snowboard Boots Black/Grey Size 11: $149.95

Subtotal: $549.85
Coupon (5%): -$27.50
Tax: $0.00
Shipping: $0.00
Total: $522.35

Another great deal that someone posted in my thread that you can get the seirra board for 250 and it comes with a $100 gift card from Sierra Team - Snowboards Reviews & Sale | SierraSnowboard.com

Good luck!!!