Want to order tonight!! Help me pick!! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2010, 05:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
mikejfrd

Default Want to order tonight!! Help me pick!!

I've been researching and researching but as you all know there is an overwhelming amount of information out there! This is my first board. I'm a beginner, but have been snowboarding a few times. I'm a decent wake boarder if that helps with your opinions. I'd like to have it home by the end of the week!!!

I'm 6'0'' 190lbs.

I want an all mountain board and will be on the east coast.

I would like to stay within a realistic budget for a first time buyer, but I want something that will last me a few seasons and thats not a POS. I think I have narrowed it down to the following boards. I've done a lot of research and this is what I came up with (BUDGET IN MIND!!) Give me some help please.

Ride Antic (09 I think)
Save on Ride Antic Snowboard 160 - Mens Snowboard Snowboarding Gear Equipment

Sierra Team Snowboard 2010
Sierra Team - Snowboards Reviews & Sale | SierraSnowboard.com

Rome Crail
Rome Crail Snowboard from Dogfunk.com

Ride Control
Ride Control Snowboard from Dogfunk.com

Never Summer Legacy
Never Summer Legacy Snowboard 2010 - Mens - ParagonSports.com

Rome Agent (2009)
o2gearshop.com

As far as bindings go, I just need a decent beginner all mountain binding. Recommendations are welcome!!!

I need to pick up boots at a local shop for size and comfort so I dont need immediate help with boots.

Thanks!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2010, 05:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
rufus819

i would go with the Ride or the Never Summer. people on here seem to be saying good things about the legacy, but Ride makes an excellent board, never heard any complaints about them. Rome boards are eh, they dont hold up too long alot of park rats like to ride them from what i've seen at my local spot Mountain creek, and they dont hold up for them. Ride is a great brand and you cant really go wrong with them theyve had a good reputation for years. Also look into some forums like the youngblood if you want a good board for everything they're about $400
Old 01-11-2010, 05:42 PM   #3 (permalink)

for my first board i just got a used board from a friend to see if i would go in snowboarding as a life long hobbie, so now i have 2 boards lol.
bamorgan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 06:11 PM   #4 (permalink)

I have the 09 NS Legacy-R and love it! If you search the forum you will see that most agree NS is a solid company. My vote would be for the legacy for a solid all-mountain board but keep in mind, you could also look at the SL-R which is similiar to the legacy but standard width vs. the legacy being mid-wide. Not sure your boot size?
coffeenirvana is offline   Reply With Quote