Top 5 Boards? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2007, 11:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
ScotyRokt
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Top 5 Boards?

What are the top 5 boards/Brands out there? I see Rome listed in some threads. I've never seen a Rome board. 90% of the boards I see at the shops and on the mountains around here(east coast, NY, VT) are Ride and Burton. I've seen a few Lamar. I have a Burton Custom 154cm. For my next board I want a twinish freeride. Maybe go a few cm shorter so I can flip it around easier.
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-10-2007, 12:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Moderator
 
boarderaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 2,665
Default

So...what do you want out of this board? Us listing what WE think as the top 5 companies out there won't help YOU decide anything if you don't give us your weight, boot size, or a clear definition of what you want to do...
boarderaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 01:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Danimal!!!!!!
 
Dcp584's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Frederick, MD in other words to far from the big mountains
Posts: 1,819
Default

Wow that thread title isn't a shit storm waiting to happen. And I can't believe you haven't seen people riding Rome boards, even more so because your riding in VT and Rome is based out of .... I wanna say Waterbury VT.... not far from Stowe.

But yeah if you are looking to get advice on what to buy then answer those questions that Boarderahlic put out there.
Dcp584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 01:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
drrice
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

In terms of best 5 boards? they are exclusive to what they are designed. Brands I think is what you meant theres a big difference...

In terms of boards I guess not one fits all the bills. In terms of speed/stiff and free ride the Capita Black Death Speed tribe is RIDICULOUS

In terms of Jibbing, rail, street Rome Artifact

And those are two extremes I see...

Even in terms of park theres kicker, pipe, boxes where boards would make a big difference. Your a begennier so you won't know what you want, therefore there is no good board for you. The end.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 02:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
st.stark
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrice
In terms of best 5 boards? they are exclusive to what they are designed. Brands I think is what you meant theres a big difference...

In terms of boards I guess not one fits all the bills. In terms of speed/stiff and free ride the Capita Black Death Speed tribe is RIDICULOUS

In terms of Jibbing, rail, street Rome Artifact

And those are two extremes I see...

Even in terms of park theres kicker, pipe, boxes where boards would make a big difference. Your a begennier so you won't know what you want, therefore there is no good board for you. The end.
I agree. Those boards are great, and if you're a beginner, just get a board that is your size and is in your budget and you should be fine and not know the difference.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 06:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Flick Montana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Beech Grove, Indiana *sigh*
Posts: 4,168
Default

People here in the midwest were suprised to see I rode a Rome. I guess they aren't common here as I've NEVER seen another one and believe me, I've looked. I personally can't say enough about them. I'm not qualified to say that they are the best and I think it's mostly a matter of opinion anyways, but you really can't go wrong with Rome.
Flick Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 01:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
ScotyRokt
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Let's narrow it to Brand (Burton,Ride,Rome etc). From there if you want to comment on a twinish freeride board, here's my info
Towering 5'7"
Whopping 138 lbs of steel (trying to get back to my fighting weight of a 143lbs)
size 8.5 boot. I ride +/-10.
I live on the east coast so 90% of the runs I do are blue/black cruisers with hard packed/icy surface. Going to get into the glades more this season. More powder in the trees around here. I'd need an advanced board. Not an expert but I'm past intermediate. I like the fast runs.

thanks for the input!
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 11:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
gearmeout
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotyRokt
Let's narrow it to Brand (Burton,Ride,Rome etc). From there if you want to comment on a twinish freeride board, here's my info
Towering 5'7"
Whopping 138 lbs of steel (trying to get back to my fighting weight of a 143lbs)
size 8.5 boot. I ride +/-10.
I live on the east coast so 90% of the runs I do are blue/black cruisers with hard packed/icy surface. Going to get into the glades more this season. More powder in the trees around here. I'd need an advanced board. Not an expert but I'm past intermediate. I like the fast runs.

thanks for the input!
maybe you can try a lib tech with magne traction for that east coast ice and report back your findings.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 12:01 AM   #9 (permalink)
conradg_7
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

transworld has a good wood board for under and over 400 there is a whole bunch of different types listed
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 12:01 PM   #10 (permalink)
ScotyRokt
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearmeout
maybe you can try a lib tech with magne traction for that east coast ice and report back your findings.
Just need to find one at a demo day and test it out.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:18 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums