First time buyer here ::: K2 Turbo Dream? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2010, 01:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
zootyzeus

Default First time buyer here ::: K2 Turbo Dream?

I started riding last year, and always rented (Burton Cruzer 164). I'm halfway decent now, no problems with turns, doing easy blacks. I want to buy my first board, and have been trying to figure out what the best choice is. I don't go in the park much if at all. I like the concept of the reverse camber, and the K2 Turbo Dream looks great. But I'm concerned about the lack of contact points on crud and groomers. What are your thoughts about this board and what I should look for in general for my first board? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2010, 02:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I am thinking about getting one too. I am yet to ride one, but I am not too worried about the contact points. I am coming from a 157 trs btx which only had a 117 effective edge and it didn't bug me at all. The 156 turbo dream has a 119 effective edge and the 159 has a 121.

The only thing I am worried about is my 10.5 boot fitting on either the 156 or 159, my stance is narrow and my angles are small.
djsaad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 02:23 PM   #3 (permalink)

Hey guys I just wrote up a little review on the 156 TD here
Board is fun, just think I need a little more time on it though. I have a size 10 boot and have no problem on the 156. 156 for a more playful board if you like to mess around and 159 if your just looking to freeride
shredpow is offline   Reply With Quote