159 wide a good size for me? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2010, 04:19 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 159 wide a good size for me?

sup all i went snowboarding once and loved it!!! but 70 bucks for one day is abit expensive when i can just buy a package deal for 350. but im just wondering what sizes i should go for

im 190 pounds 6/2 , size 12 feet

i was thinking a 159 wide?
hi2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2010, 04:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
VAhasnoWAVES

do you have a fairly good direction with your snowboarding, or are you still in limbo land where your trying anything and everything? are you comfterbly charging down the slopes and carving using both your edges strongly? flex may be another option to consider. im your size but just a tad lighter and ride a 158. ive heard my board is known for being a little stiff, but i ride with a pretty powerful and aggressive mentality (at least i like to think so. ha!). so i make it work for me.

if your wanting to hit a little of everything or still trying to pick it up id say maybe go 160-162. if your a natural on a board then you can make 159 work for you.
Old 01-22-2010, 04:48 PM   #3 (permalink)

well i never fall off the board if thats what u mean by natural? i can heel stop and turn pretty decently. can buterfly all in 3 hours time.

just having trouble toe stopping.

but ya i did want something with alittle flex maybe not really sure quite yet, i dont like to go super fast. but the first board i used was super stiff and i hated it.

maybe a 160 would be best bet? i will be lossing weight here soon lols so ill be back down to 180-185 just didnt have money to go to the gym
hi2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 05:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
VAhasnoWAVES

try sliding down the mountain on your toes with your back facing down the run. natural instinct usually makes it easier to do the reverse and stop on your heels. i found when learning that speed was actually a help assuming you know how to stop or at least slow down. its hard to get up on edge and learn to transition between the two without some inertia. usually we tell buddies to just skip the bunny hill. lol.

160 sounds like a good median... might want to research all mountain boards.