159 wide a good size for me? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 05:19 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
159 wide a good size for me?

sup all i went snowboarding once and loved it!!! but 70 bucks for one day is abit expensive when i can just buy a package deal for 350. but im just wondering what sizes i should go for

im 190 pounds 6/2 , size 12 feet

i was thinking a 159 wide?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 05:44 PM
VAhasnoWAVES

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
do you have a fairly good direction with your snowboarding, or are you still in limbo land where your trying anything and everything? are you comfterbly charging down the slopes and carving using both your edges strongly? flex may be another option to consider. im your size but just a tad lighter and ride a 158. ive heard my board is known for being a little stiff, but i ride with a pretty powerful and aggressive mentality (at least i like to think so. ha!). so i make it work for me.

if your wanting to hit a little of everything or still trying to pick it up id say maybe go 160-162. if your a natural on a board then you can make 159 work for you.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
well i never fall off the board if thats what u mean by natural? i can heel stop and turn pretty decently. can buterfly all in 3 hours time.

just having trouble toe stopping.

but ya i did want something with alittle flex maybe not really sure quite yet, i dont like to go super fast. but the first board i used was super stiff and i hated it.

maybe a 160 would be best bet? i will be lossing weight here soon lols so ill be back down to 180-185 just didnt have money to go to the gym
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 06:02 PM
VAhasnoWAVES

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
try sliding down the mountain on your toes with your back facing down the run. natural instinct usually makes it easier to do the reverse and stop on your heels. i found when learning that speed was actually a help assuming you know how to stop or at least slow down. its hard to get up on edge and learn to transition between the two without some inertia. usually we tell buddies to just skip the bunny hill. lol.

160 sounds like a good median... might want to research all mountain boards.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode