Burton - Beginner/intermediate board... buyer's remorse? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

3Likes
  • 2 Post By zc1
  • 1 Post By c.garciarinkert

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 11:00 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Burton - Beginner/intermediate board... buyer's remorse?

Hi all -

I am a beginner/intermediate rider and made (kind of) an impulse buy on the 2017 Ripcord yesterday. Prices was well below MSRP and was digging the graphics so I bought that w/ a pair of discounted Ride bindings. After doing some research, I saw that this is Burton's MOST entry level board on the lineup.

While I don't do any park or pow (yet), does this board match up to the Clash? I understand the Clash is a tad more intermediate but their specs seem identical to me. Did I aim too low with the Ripcord? Or is it pretty much the Clash with a slight difference in design?

I've been reading the blunt and Process are the next level up but I don't think I am at the level for those yet.

Feel free to add or kill my current feeling of buyer's remorse!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 06:56 PM
zc1

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
No need for buyer's remorse. Both boards would suit you fine. Just ride what you bought, have fun progressing and don't worry about the "level."

One has a directional flex pattern and one is a bit heavier -- I don't remember which is which. None of that really matters for your purposes. They'll both be forgiving, easy-flexing boards with which you can to progress. I looked at those as well as many others when I was shopping for a board for my nephew, but all the details and differences have evaporated.

Being a Burton, you will probably have a better than average resale experience when it comes time to upgrade (if the resale market where you live is anything like it is here).

Have fun.
poutanen and GDimac like this.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 10:34 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zc1 View Post
No need for buyer's remorse. Both boards would suit you fine. Just ride what you bought, have fun progressing and don't worry about the "level."

One has a directional flex pattern and one is a bit heavier -- I don't remember which is which. None of that really matters for your purposes. They'll both be forgiving, easy-flexing boards with which you can to progress. I looked at those as well as many others when I was shopping for a board for my nephew, but all the details and differences have evaporated.

Being a Burton, you will probably have a better than average resale experience when it comes time to upgrade (if the resale market where you live is anything like it is here).

Have fun.
Thanks much! I took another dive into the spec differences and they are truly minimal: The clash is a hair stiffer than the Ripcord and has twin flex instead of directional. I would never be able to tell a difference

Really appreciate the advice here, excited to try it out next season!
zc1 likes this.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 05:37 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
If you are a beginner and you are learning how to ride you have a great board.
That board is a flat board, it rides well on groomers and it's catch free so that you improve your confidence and your riding.

The difference between the Clash an the Ripcord is that the Clash has some rocker on the tip and tail that allows you to go start doing powder and also allows you to jib a little bit easier. The Clash also allows you to learn easily the switch since it's a directional twin and the Ripcord is a directional board.

It really depends on your objectives for the season. As well said by zc1, the Burton aftermarket will allow you to resell it, only losing like 50$ so it was a good deal if you later on decide to move to a better board.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode