Help With Picking My First SnowBoard - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: Best SnowBoard Company to Buy From Please Vote
Burton 7 20.59%
Rome 2 5.88%
Ride 7 20.59%
LibTech 9 26.47%
K2 4 11.76%
Forum 1 2.94%
Sims 1 2.94%
Morrow 3 8.82%
Rossignol 0 0%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2010, 12:29 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Help With Picking My First SnowBoard

Hey just wanted to get some help from you guys the pros on picking my first snowboard and say whats up to eveyone im new to the forms and snowboarding im going boarding saturday for the first time with a friend renting all the gear and if i like it a lot like i think im gonna ill be buying my first snowboard bindings and boots so if you guys dont mind giving me some names of boards for a first timer that would be sweet ill want a all around park board so as i get better i can do jibbs butters and boxs and hit the pips i was thinking about a burton se7en for my first board but im open other boards to as i only have so much money to spend here is my info im a big boy but i still wanna snowboard anyways all help would be sweet thanks -Shaun

Hight about 6'1
Wight 260
foot size 10'5
XxXShaun2010XxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2010, 12:43 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

If your heart is so dearly set on the Burton se7en just wait for it to pop up on Brociety. I've seen it multiple times on there now...

But I'd suggest looking through some of the other companies as well (other than Sims to be honest, unless someone would like to say otherwise I don't believe their reputation is too good).
Also, it's going to be pretty hard to find park boards in your size... I'm a 6' 190lb and a lot of board finders cross almost all the "park" boards off the list. That's not a definite "no" but probably not a good indicator...
Snowfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 01:00 AM   #3 (permalink)

i know im fat when i start boarding ill loose the wight thats another reson i wanna snowboard i can walk up the hills and not take the lifts im only saying the se7en wide cuz the guy at my local shop said it would be a good starter board its a good all around park board for jibbs butters and boxs and its good if i wanna hit the pipe to just saying thats what they said im open to anything at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowfox View Post
If your heart is so dearly set on the Burton se7en just wait for it to pop up on Brociety. I've seen it multiple times on there now...

But I'd suggest looking through some of the other companies as well (other than Sims to be honest, unless someone would like to say otherwise I don't believe their reputation is too good).
Also, it's going to be pretty hard to find park boards in your size... I'm a 6' 190lb and a lot of board finders cross almost all the "park" boards off the list. That's not a definite "no" but probably not a good indicator...

Last edited by XxXShaun2010XxX; 01-25-2010 at 01:43 AM.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:41 AM   #4 (permalink)

go to a really reliable shop.. there the ones that can really help.. the people on here are just too bias and pompus to get good advice.. well there is some but most of it is complete bullshit.. reliable being the keyword
snedvesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 02:22 AM   #5 (permalink)

I vote Capita

The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese.
PeterG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 03:39 AM   #6 (permalink)

I vote Burton. I buy all my stuff off-season and get it at great prices and I haven't ever had a problem. I may buy a Lib board next, thinkin bout it.
SchultzLS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 05:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
peridyn

Default Sims

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowfox View Post
(other than Sims to be honest, unless someone would like to say otherwise I don't believe their reputation is too good)
I keep hearing this, and I think it is generally because our boards can be found at The Sports Authority along with smaller retailers. Ride a Sims board and decide, we honestly do not get much negative feedback from our products, quite the opposite. I think most of the stigma comes from the fact that Tom Sims got involved with a distributor/manufacturer in the early 2000's that was not up to par as far as equipment goes. That is not the case anymore, as Tom is now involved in the company again, and working with us (Collective) to Design, develop, test, and etc. boards. We are based in the Foothills of Denver, the people who handle our product test them several times per week (in season), we take the feedback of our pro's seriously, and we put much time and effort into enhancing the quality of our product every year.

We're a relatively small shop, we all board, we get involved with the causes that we can, and I think we make good product. Of course, I am biased, buuut....we're not some sweat shop of people not in the lifestyle I guess is the point.
Old 01-25-2010, 05:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Theres just too many boards without you cutting the list to a few different ones ..

But i will say buy your gear in this order

Boots > Bindings >= Board.

Boots come first because without good comfortable boots you will hate life and not be able to go very long before you stop due to foot pain.
Bindings and board are more or less the same...just make sure your buying the right size bindings and your board width is not too narrow or wide.
arsenic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 06:58 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenic0 View Post
Theres just too many boards without you cutting the list to a few different ones ..

But i will say buy your gear in this order

Boots > Bindings >= Board.

Boots come first because without good comfortable boots you will hate life and not be able to go very long before you stop due to foot pain.
Bindings and board are more or less the same...just make sure your buying the right size bindings and your board width is not too narrow or wide.
Thanks for the help guys boots bindings board got you the bindings im pretty sure im going with ther the union forces ther sick bindings lots of reponce just a all around good binding dont get me wrong burtons a good company i just wanna change things up evey guy at the resort have a burton board or ther wearing somthing burton they all look the same to me i dont wanna be that guy if all i can get is a burton then fine ill buy one and the shop by me ther way to pricey the se7en the guy wanted me to buy they wanted 360 dollers hes like ill give you a good set up for 800 i dont need to spend that kind of money when im just starting out or im i wrong do i now all i need is a good boot and board

Last edited by XxXShaun2010XxX; 01-25-2010 at 07:05 PM.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:21 PM   #10 (permalink)

Lemme get this straight... You've never been boarding before but you want advice about what gear to get for progressing in the park, in case you like the sport?
unsunken is offline   Reply With Quote