Is a NS type two what I'm looking for? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

65Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 108 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 11:32 AM Thread Starter
The Swiss Miss

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 943 Post(s)
Is a NS type two what I'm looking for?

End of season I usually get experimental... I'm thinking of giving NS a chance (I usually ride camber or camrock boards).

I'm looking for a resort all mtn board which has good edgehold in the hardpack mornings and carves great, has pop and is easy on my knees when landing jumps, and is nice to negociate through afternoon crud n moguls. A mess around board which is fun to ride all day, also if slow in stuffed groomers doing tight turns, but holds up as well if charging n laying wide radius carves.

They have a women's Type Two 151 left in the local shop. I'm ~125lbs. It this what I'm looking for? Or rather NS Aura since I hardly ever ride switch but love to carve?

Edit:
Current to demo list:
NS T2 and Aura
YES Hel YES
Rome Gold
Capita Jess Kimura Pro
Jones Airheart and Twin Sister
Arbor Swoon
GNU B Pro C3 (?)

I really thought quicksand was going to be a much bigger issue in my life when I was little

Last edited by neni; 04-12-2017 at 10:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 108 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 01:03 PM
Veteran Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 406 Post(s)
Rossi one for sure! Better edgehold, much better pop, and damper in choppy snow. But it's really good / damp in the jump lines. Only downside is that magnetraction edges don't work well in really slushy snow.

newby / ski convert
post #3 of 108 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 01:10 PM Thread Starter
The Swiss Miss

Hmmm... a tiny tad magne is ok-ish, but full magne is breaking at carving. Don't like this...

I really thought quicksand was going to be a much bigger issue in my life when I was little
post #4 of 108 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 01:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
hybrid profiles quick turning is definitely good for moguls. I personally prefer stability of camber but if i were to ride a hybrid it would be the type two or gnu space case. Also the womens type two for some reason feels stiffer than the mens (I compared a 138 womens vs mens 154 and the womens is dramatically stiffer). So the reviews may not be comparable between the two.
post #5 of 108 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 01:28 PM
Not quite reformed yet

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 538 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stryk3z View Post
hybrid profiles quick turning is definitely good for moguls. I personally prefer stability of camber but if i were to ride a hybrid it would be the type two or gnu space case. Also the womens type two for some reason feels stiffer than the mens (I compared a 138 womens vs mens 154 and the womens is dramatically stiffer). So the reviews may not be comparable between the two.
You don't think that the difference might just be because it's shorter? I mean bend a long stick & then try to bend a short one of the same diameter! Short one's gonna be harder to bend.

Might not be a true, 1:1 metaphor for a snowboard comparison, but it would seem to make sense to me.

You're only Young Once,.. but you can be Immature FOREVER!

Feb/Apr 2011. (27) days!
2011/12 (38) days!
2012/13 (48) days!
2013/14 (44) days!
2014/15 (00)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2015/16 (28) days!
2016/17 (29) days!

"The Older I get,.. The faster I was!!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 108 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chomps1211 View Post
You don't think that the difference might just be because it's shorter? I mean bend a long stick & then try to bend a short one of the same diameter! Short one's gonna be harder to bend.

Might not be a true, 1:1 metaphor for a snowboard comparison, but it would seem to make sense to me.
I did think about that. That's why I mentioned the board sizes, but I can't imagine flex difference THAT much. I mean the 138 womens barely even moves when u hold & push so I was kinda confused there since the mens is pretty soft. She's looking at the 151 in person though so should have a better idea I guess.
post #7 of 108 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 01:44 PM

Also I'm not sure if this goes for all brands but the gnu space case for example starts with 4.5 flex at 148cm and goes all the way up to 6 flex at max size. Might just be specific for this board since I don't remember seeing this for other brands but I dunno
post #8 of 108 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 01:49 PM
Not quite reformed yet

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 538 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stryk3z View Post
Also I'm not sure if this goes for all brands but the gnu space case for example starts with 4.5 flex at 148cm and goes all the way up to 6 flex at max size. Might just be specific for this board since I don't remember seeing this for other brands but I dunno
LoL! As if picking the right size, flex & profile wasn't already confusing enough? Now you gotta consider & research flex variables between different sizes of the same model board.

(...apologies to @neni for the thread sidetracking!)
stryk3z likes this.

You're only Young Once,.. but you can be Immature FOREVER!

Feb/Apr 2011. (27) days!
2011/12 (38) days!
2012/13 (48) days!
2013/14 (44) days!
2014/15 (00)

2015/16 (28) days!
2016/17 (29) days!

"The Older I get,.. The faster I was!!"
post #9 of 108 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 03:12 PM
Scorching the Slopes

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 270 Post(s)
Get the Funslinger neni.
That board meets most of your criteria imo.

The Type Two is the most boring board I have ever ridden.
Seriously.

The Funslinger is tied for the most fun board I have ever ridden.
It would serve as a terrific polar opposite to your Flagship, thereby giving you very different options when you hit the slopes.
sabatoa likes this.
post #10 of 108 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 03:28 PM Thread Starter
The Swiss Miss

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyDragon View Post
Get the Funslinger neni.
That board meets most of your criteria imo.
That a men's board... too wide. I'm looking at women's NS options...

Can you specify what you found boring? In what terms?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode