Rossignol One Mag compared to NS F1-R - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2010, 11:23 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Rossignol One Mag compared to NS F1-R

So this past Saturday night my friend let me take his Rossignol One Mag for a burn. Now I have been riding a K2 WWW for the last few seasons and have become super comfortable on it and im not a park rat, mainly an all mountain guy hitting jumps occasionally. So first thing i notice is riding this thing is like riding a 2"x12", i mean the thing is super stiff compared to my WWW. The board is really fast though which i found to be nice but it just lacked the fun and snappiness that my WWW has. So i been thinking about buying a new board and something a little more all mountain and the NS f1-r seems to be pretty boss but im wondering if its going to be as stiff as the One Mag. Anyone who has ridden both for some input would be great. Thanks
svwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2010, 02:21 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by svwannabe View Post
So this past Saturday night my friend let me take his Rossignol One Mag for a burn. Now I have been riding a K2 WWW for the last few seasons and have become super comfortable on it and im not a park rat, mainly an all mountain guy hitting jumps occasionally. So first thing i notice is riding this thing is like riding a 2"x12", i mean the thing is super stiff compared to my WWW. The board is really fast though which i found to be nice but it just lacked the fun and snappiness that my WWW has. So i been thinking about buying a new board and something a little more all mountain and the NS f1-r seems to be pretty boss but im wondering if its going to be as stiff as the One Mag. Anyone who has ridden both for some input would be great. Thanks
Any moderately stiff board you ride is going to feel like a plank next to your WWW. If you like the playfulness of your current board then why not try something more middle of the road like the SL-R instead of going from one extreme to the other?
ChuChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 02:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I haven't tested it myself, but I think the Ride Machete is supposed to be pretty decent on the slopes while still being fairly "playful" if you will. They put a rocker on it, too (if that matters to you).
From my understanding, the NS F1-R would be pretty stiff compared to your WWW (and I want an F1-R... I wants it bad )
Snowfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 02:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Yeah, the F-1 is a really stiff board. I am primarily a freeride guy, but I've been working on some more freestyle stuff. I still have my board that I learned on which is a pure park board, so I wanted something more all-mountain with my new board. I went with a NS Heritage. I'm still adjusting to the stiffness. It's awesome at speed, but I'm still struggling to get height on ollies and the like. I know it's not the board though. I've let a buddy take a couple of runs on it and he's popping 3 foot ollies like it's nothing. It'll take a little time, but I'll get there. He's trying to find a used Heritage on CL right now.
linvillegorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 05:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by linvillegorge View Post
He's trying to find a used Heritage on CL right now.
One of the perks of living in CO i suppose. All they have out here on CL are old ass pre-2000 Burton boards and a bunch of like ancient Sims boards with snap in bindings..

And they want like 50-100 bucks usually, its quite hilarious.
arsenic0 is offline   Reply With Quote