Is there a problem riding freestyle board on mountain? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2010, 04:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
daka123

Default Is there a problem riding freestyle board on mountain?

Many people recommended me the Ride Agenda but it says that it is a freestyle board and I would like to just take it over the mountain for fun. Ill probably learn to do some tricks and jumps later but for now I just want to get a nice board to go freeride. Should I look for a rly freeride board or even with the agenda I will be fine?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2010, 04:37 PM   #2 (permalink)

The agenda is a softer board so it'll have a little chatter at speed and might be a little sketchy landing bigger jumps, but you can certainly freeride it. If you are just starting out, the flex will be more forgiving to learn on. Though, if you are really going to spread your time all over the mountain, I would pick a little stiffer board. Why did you pick the agenda? I read your other thread and saw you listed it amongst others.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
daka123

Quote:
Originally Posted by sook View Post
The agenda is a softer board so it'll have a little chatter at speed and might be a little sketchy landing bigger jumps, but you can certainly freeride it. If you are just starting out, the flex will be more forgiving to learn on. Though, if you are really going to spread your time all over the mountain, I would pick a little stiffer board. Why did you pick the agenda? I read your other thread and saw you listed it amongst others.
Well the guys there said that it was the best choice.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:50 PM   #4 (permalink)

I ride my freestyle board all around no problem.

The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese.
PeterG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 04:54 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daka123 View Post
Well the guys there said that it was the best choice.
Well yeah, but look at the way you posed the question. "Which of these 3 boards should I get?" The agenda might make the most sense out of the three you listed, but that doesn't mean it is the best board for you right now. I was just wondering how you came up with that list. Cost? Availability? The agenda wouldn't be a bad choice, but it sounds like you just want to freeride and I think there are better choices outside the 3 you listed.

Last edited by sook; 01-25-2010 at 04:58 PM.
sook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 05:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
daka123

Quote:
Well yeah, but look at the way you posed the question. "Which of these 3 boards should I get?" The agenda might make the most sense out of the three you listed, but that doesn't mean it is the best board for you right now. I was just wondering how you came up with that list. Cost? Availability? The agenda wouldn't be a bad choice, but it sounds like you just want to freeride and I think there are better choices outside the 3 you listed.
Like what?
Old 01-25-2010, 05:52 PM   #7 (permalink)

Well, whats your budget? The 10' agenda is about $300 IIRC, is that what you have to work with? What do you want to do with it? Freeride cruise? Hit jumps? Jibs? Powder? Whats your skill level and how fast are you progressing?

I'm not trying to be a dick, but you can't just throw three boards out there and expect someone to give an educated opinion without any details about you and your riding preferences or budget.
Old 01-25-2010, 05:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
daka123

Quote:
Well, whats your budget? The 10' agenda is about $300 IIRC, is that what you have to work with? What do you want to do with it? Freeride cruise? Hit jumps? Jibs? Powder? Whats your skill level and how fast are you progressing?

I'm not trying to be a dick, but you can't just throw three boards out there and expect someone to give an educated opinion without any details about you and your riding preferences or budget.
Well for the board lets say 300-350$. Ill just go to the mountain and slide (no jumps, nothing) just simple riding. Im still beginner but I will progress pretty fast cuz I go out there once very 2 weeks.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:09 PM   #9 (permalink)

If you've got plenty of opportunity to practice, I'd go with the Ride Antic. Stiffer so it'll handle freeriding better than the agenda. A 2010 runs around $400, but you might still be able to find some 2009s at a better price. I also like the Forum Destroyer. I think its still technically a freestyle deck, but I still felt like it was stiff enough to handle just about anything. Again, a 2010 destroyer might be a little out of your price range, but get a 2009 if you can.

You can also look at the Ride Control. More of an entry level deck but more in your price range for a 2010 model. I've never ridden one, but my friend started with one and he's probably better than me now.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
daka123

Quote:
If you've got plenty of opportunity to practice, I'd go with the Ride Antic. Stiffer so it'll handle freeriding better than the agenda. A 2010 runs around $400, but you might still be able to find some 2009s at a better price. I also like the Forum Destroyer. I think its still technically a freestyle deck, but I still felt like it was stiff enough to handle just about anything. Again, a 2010 destroyer might be a little out of your price range, but get a 2009 if you can.

You can also look at the Ride Control. More of an entry level deck but more in your price range for a 2010 model. I've never ridden one, but my friend started with one and he's probably better than me now.
Aitz ty very much!