Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Heads Up Display for Snowboard Goggles (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/2369-heads-up-display-snowboard-goggles.html)

arifman13 12-12-2007 12:40 PM

Heads Up Display for Snowboard Goggles

Hey guys, i'm an innovator looking into creating a heads up display readout for a pair of snowboard/ski goggles.

What do you think of the idea? what kind of information would be useful? i.e stopwatch, time, altitude etc

lisevolution 12-12-2007 01:08 PM

maybe a rearview camera, bluetooth hookup with a call id on your lenses, a built in helicopter like inspector gadget would be sick too so that I can finally reach all those spines I've been dreaming about for years! Ok in all seriousness the first 2 would be sick to have

gearmeout 12-12-2007 01:33 PM

current speed, top speed, avg speed, distance covered, direction of travel.

kri$han 12-12-2007 01:40 PM

temp. and time might be good too.

Dcp584 12-12-2007 01:53 PM

Personally I think that it is an over the top idea(much like Burtons Audex jackets) and would probably cause accidents on the mountain due to something blocking your vision. But if you were to make such a thing, integrating an interactive trail map would be useful to alot of people; also having the ability to mark your locations kind of like a GPS and landmarking so if you found someplace that had a sweet kicker or you could build one or just wanted to find you way around the mountaina little easier that would be a neat thing to have. But the reality of it is that the goggles would be so huge and weigh so much that the inconvience of wearing them would probably turn people off from buying them, along with the price tag that would probably be attached to them. Plus Goggles are one of those things that when you bite it go flying and get filled with snow which in turn would probably destroy whatever electronics inside the goggle.

NoSoOp4U 12-12-2007 01:55 PM

watch tv :D that would be awesome but not safe lol. i believe something similar is invented already. have u played ghost recon games. that heads up display in it is apparently going to be used by the us army in 2009

Dcp584 12-12-2007 02:06 PM

Sorry if I'm being a buzzkill on your idea

Nikolai 12-12-2007 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dcp584
Personally I think that it is an over the top idea(much like Burtons Audex jackets) and would probably cause accidents on the mountain due to something blocking your vision. But if you were to make such a thing, integrating an interactive trail map would be useful to alot of people; also having the ability to mark your locations kind of like a GPS and landmarking so if you found someplace that had a sweet kicker or you could build one or just wanted to find you way around the mountaina little easier that would be a neat thing to have. But the reality of it is that the goggles would be so huge and weigh so much that the inconvience of wearing them would probably turn people off from buying them, along with the price tag that would probably be attached to them. Plus Goggles are one of those things that when you bite it go flying and get filled with snow which in turn would probably destroy whatever electronics inside the goggle.

i agree...its an over the top idea...you dont need it

T.J. 12-12-2007 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dcp584
Personally I think that it is an over the top idea much like Burtons Audex jackets) and would probably cause accidents on the mountain due to something blocking your vision. But if you were to make such a thing, integrating an interactive trail map would be useful to alot of people; also having the ability to mark your locations kind of like a GPS and landmarking so if you found someplace that had a sweet kicker or you could build one or just wanted to find you way around the mountaina little easier that would be a neat thing to have. But the reality of it is that the goggles would be so huge and weigh so much that the inconvience of wearing them would probably turn people off from buying them, along with the price tag that would probably be attached to them. Plus Goggles are one of those things that when you bite it go flying and get filled with snow which in turn would probably destroy whatever electronics inside the goggle.

i totally agree with what dan is saying.

xenster 12-12-2007 03:14 PM

it should have that red light that goes back and forth making the noise from knightrider. and lasers.