Heads Up Display for Snowboard Goggles - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2007, 12:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
arifman13

Default Heads Up Display for Snowboard Goggles

Hey guys, i'm an innovator looking into creating a heads up display readout for a pair of snowboard/ski goggles.

What do you think of the idea? what kind of information would be useful? i.e stopwatch, time, altitude etc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2007, 01:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

maybe a rearview camera, bluetooth hookup with a call id on your lenses, a built in helicopter like inspector gadget would be sick too so that I can finally reach all those spines I've been dreaming about for years! Ok in all seriousness the first 2 would be sick to have
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 01:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
gearmeout

current speed, top speed, avg speed, distance covered, direction of travel.
Old 12-12-2007, 01:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

temp. and time might be good too.

Kris
Toronto Prelude Club
kri$han is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 01:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
Danimal!!!!!!

Location: Frederick, MD in other words to far from the big mountains

Personally I think that it is an over the top idea(much like Burtons Audex jackets) and would probably cause accidents on the mountain due to something blocking your vision. But if you were to make such a thing, integrating an interactive trail map would be useful to alot of people; also having the ability to mark your locations kind of like a GPS and landmarking so if you found someplace that had a sweet kicker or you could build one or just wanted to find you way around the mountaina little easier that would be a neat thing to have. But the reality of it is that the goggles would be so huge and weigh so much that the inconvience of wearing them would probably turn people off from buying them, along with the price tag that would probably be attached to them. Plus Goggles are one of those things that when you bite it go flying and get filled with snow which in turn would probably destroy whatever electronics inside the goggle.
Dcp584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 01:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
NoSoOp4U

watch tv that would be awesome but not safe lol. i believe something similar is invented already. have u played ghost recon games. that heads up display in it is apparently going to be used by the us army in 2009
Old 12-12-2007, 02:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Danimal!!!!!!

Location: Frederick, MD in other words to far from the big mountains

Sorry if I'm being a buzzkill on your idea
Dcp584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 02:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
Nikolai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcp584
Personally I think that it is an over the top idea(much like Burtons Audex jackets) and would probably cause accidents on the mountain due to something blocking your vision. But if you were to make such a thing, integrating an interactive trail map would be useful to alot of people; also having the ability to mark your locations kind of like a GPS and landmarking so if you found someplace that had a sweet kicker or you could build one or just wanted to find you way around the mountaina little easier that would be a neat thing to have. But the reality of it is that the goggles would be so huge and weigh so much that the inconvience of wearing them would probably turn people off from buying them, along with the price tag that would probably be attached to them. Plus Goggles are one of those things that when you bite it go flying and get filled with snow which in turn would probably destroy whatever electronics inside the goggle.
i agree...its an over the top idea...you dont need it
Old 12-12-2007, 02:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcp584
Personally I think that it is an over the top idea much like Burtons Audex jackets) and would probably cause accidents on the mountain due to something blocking your vision. But if you were to make such a thing, integrating an interactive trail map would be useful to alot of people; also having the ability to mark your locations kind of like a GPS and landmarking so if you found someplace that had a sweet kicker or you could build one or just wanted to find you way around the mountaina little easier that would be a neat thing to have. But the reality of it is that the goggles would be so huge and weigh so much that the inconvience of wearing them would probably turn people off from buying them, along with the price tag that would probably be attached to them. Plus Goggles are one of those things that when you bite it go flying and get filled with snow which in turn would probably destroy whatever electronics inside the goggle.
i totally agree with what dan is saying.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
xenster

it should have that red light that goes back and forth making the noise from knightrider. and lasers.