Burton Process - Genesis X est set up - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 02:56 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Burton Process - Genesis X est set up

New to the sport and I am now hooked. I got my my next set up, up from my beginner just regular board and was just wanting to hear thoughts on my new stuff so I can either take it back because it wont fit be right for me or keep it and learn it and what to look out for.

New Set Up -
Burton process and Genesis X EST bindings that is.
Just wondering if I should be aware of anything that anyone may know. I hear this board will have less room for error but I just want to hear what anyone thinks about a set up like this that has more experience than I do.

How I like to ride -
I ride goofy - left handed, enjoy riding both ways I think they call it switch when you go the other way. I like deep wide carving and cruzing around. I have not started doing jumps or anything yet but am having a blast.

---
This is my first post and I want to start off by also saying whats up all! I am from the bay area and am now hooked on boarding and am always looking for people to go with or take with me. So far I have been to bear valley and Sierra. I have met some cool people out there and look forward to season passes next year.

-

Bay Area
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 03:44 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Coming from someone who owns both those things, that binding will be too much for that board and will overpower it. As a result, you will have trouble feeling the flex of the board. Those bindings are on the stiffer end; whilst the Process is on the softer side of the spectrum for Burton decks. If there's anyway to exchange for Malavitas or Cartels, that would be ideal. Or reg Genesis even.
Jonny C likes this.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 03:49 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the advice.

Curious what the flex is good for can you speak a little about it and the boards specialties.

I just ordered the cartel est bindings as well to try them both out. I might like the stiffness of the genesis X.

thanks a lot.

-

Bay Area

Last edited by akajpg; 04-17-2017 at 04:46 AM.
post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 10:38 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Process is a fun freestyle deck that feels slightly softer than mid flex. Fun all over the mtn and in the park esp, as this is Mark McMorris' board of choice along with many other Burton park/comp riders. It just starts to get a little less stable once you get to relatively fast speeds.

And nice, the Cartels should be a better fit to really make the most of what that board has to offer. Good luck, feel free to let us know how it goes.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 05:56 PM Thread Starter

Sounds good. I will be at bear valley this weekend sat and sun trying it out. I will let you all know what I think.

Thanks and keep the thoughts and talk going. I am curious.

-

Bay Area
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 10:15 PM Thread Starter

Don't think I like the genesis x est bindings. The bedding seems like it's a joke and only the toe has give. Not sure I want give. I think I am going to go with the Genesis est no X because I like the backing more then the cartels. Any more thoughts?

-

Bay Area
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 11:54 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I just bought a used Custom with Cartel EST. Will let u know how they feel once it gets here. I don't think it'll help much as season is pretty much done for me here in the NE and unfortunately it'll be based on feel in the living room.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 11:59 PM Thread Starter

I see good reviews on the genX est's but when trying them in the living room they feel funky. Just the toe compresses down.

-

Bay Area
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 11:59 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 522 Post(s)
You can't go wrong with either Cartels or Genesis on the process. If you prefer the Genesis highback, go for that. But if you want to save the money, Cartels won't let you down at all either.
ItchEtrigR and GDimac like this.

Chasing Winters
Vertical Feet for 16/17: 2,508,845
Days 16/17: 162
Resorts: 11

Last edited by Phedder; 04-21-2017 at 12:16 AM.
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 12:00 AM Thread Starter

Not worried about money, I just want the goods! I really like the gen's back but if I get rid of the X I can save almost 100.00

-

Bay Area

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode