New pre-release Bataleon board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2010, 10:59 AM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Default New pre-release Bataleon board

BATALEON SNOWBOARDS | Triple Base Tech, the best thing to happen to snowboards since edges.

"*this is a very limited release of 200 pcs only
**The shape is based on next years Evil Twin which is a totally new version of the already kick ass TWIN TBT shape. This new shape features a new lower nose shape, multiple radius, extra TBT kick after the effective edge, new sizes and the width is sitting in between the goliath/jam and classic ET/Riot shapes. The rider feedback on this board is amazing Tyler, DBK and Tore all have this as their favorite twin deck now..."

I'm actually digging the theme. It's funny. Sweet board.
phile00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2010, 11:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Very cool that they're doing this. I guess they're able to since their current season boards are probably selling out. What interests me the most about this redesign is that the ET now comes with a faster base, and the part about multiple radius. Does that mean something like NS' Vario Grip?

Last edited by Triple8Sol; 01-27-2010 at 07:06 AM.
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 01:05 PM   #3 (permalink)

Eh, just wish it wasn't $600.

TBT is a cool tech, wish I could try it out.
SchultzLS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 03:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Damn! Just when I think I'm for sure going to pull the trigger on the Omatic Wigglestick...Bataleon has to go and release this. Looks like the perfect flex I'm after and a sintered base!

I'd have to see the base compared to my other twin Bataleons to understand what the "New TBT" is all about. If this is still there in a few weeks when I have $$, I'm gona buy one.

Wish they had a 159 though. Bah...It'll be fine. I'll just have to lose some weight I guess. lol

Last edited by Gnarly; 01-26-2010 at 03:30 PM.
Gnarly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

i tried to read that and i have no freakin clue what they are talkin about. is this something new in design or tech or materials or something. can someone put this in new friendly lamens terms please?
c_mack9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:14 PM   #6 (permalink)

i want that red smile beanie haha.

sick board otherwise.
NoTickets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple8Sol View Post
Very cool that they're doing this. I guess they're able to since they're current season boards are probably selling out. What interests me the most about this redesign is that the ET now comes with a faster base, and the part about multiple radius. Does that mean something like NS' Vario Grip?
Exactly what i was wondering! Although I'm curious about the TBT design, I'm more curious about the multiple radius. I'm also surprised to see the flex pattern 5-3-5 as well, down from 6-4-6.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:42 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_mack9 View Post
i tried to read that and i have no freakin clue what they are talkin about. is this something new in design or tech or materials or something. can someone put this in new friendly lamens terms please?
The top part of my OP sums it up.

"This new shape features a new lower nose shape, multiple radius, extra TBT kick after the effective edge, new sizes and the width is sitting in between the goliath/jam and classic ET/Riot shapes.

Admittedly, I'd like more description and motivation behind the concept as well, but there's a little something there for you.
Old 01-29-2010, 11:04 AM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I will either be buying the Omatic Wigglestick, or the pre-release Bataleon next week. I just don't know which one to get...

From comparing the new Bataleon to this year's ET, looks like the 157 Batazion has a larger effective edge than even the 159 ET. Also has a shallower sidecut radius, smaller tip/tail width and 1cm narrower min/max stance width options than the 155ET.

Last edited by Gnarly; 01-29-2010 at 11:28 AM.
Gnarly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 12:00 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

a lot of people have been asking for an ET with a sintered base...and they added even more features. This board also looks pretty good too. Wiggle stick looks like a dipstick compared to this.
extra0 is offline   Reply With Quote