Little help choosing my new board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2010, 12:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
kberg

Default Little help choosing my new board

Hey, I need a little help deciding on a new board.
To give you a little background I started riding around 1993. I rode till around 2000 and moved to the valley and couldn't get up to the mountain. I finally got back this year and thank god it's like riding a bike. Didn't forget too much just a little on the balance and not quite back to the jumps and rails.

So last weekend I was riding on my 13 year old crappy Lamar board and I busted the binding on the last run. It's time for something new. I'm thinking I'll be able to get about 8 runs or so each season going forward. I've been looking into boards and I'm leaning toward a never summer. Looking mostly at the SL-R.

As I get back into riding to give you an idea of my previous style and probable current style I used to be much more freestyle on the parks. These day I'm thinking I'll be hitting the groomers mostly and possibly at least getting back into the spins. I'm 5'11" about 180, my preference is to ride around 155. Any opinions or other board suggestions would be really helpful. Oh since I broke the existing binding I purchased and finishing out this season with my new Union Force bindings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2010, 12:26 AM   #2 (permalink)

No better board to put Forces on than a Capita. I would say for your style riding the Indoor Survival fk would suit you perfectly. Plus you cant beat there fk tech.

The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese.
PeterG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 12:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
kberg

Damn you leave the scene for a few years and tons of companies pop up and start making boards. Thanks for your suggestion I'll start branching out to the "unknowns"
Old 01-27-2010, 01:27 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

From my understanding...
SL-R=All Mountain Board, if you plan on doing mostly groomers and very little park I'd go with this.
EVO-R=Park board that you can take on the mountain. If you plan on spending any significant time in the park but still want to chill on the mountain too, this should be stiff enough for it.
Snowfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 08:34 AM   #5 (permalink)
kberg

As I'm teaching my wife to board as well I'll probably be all mountain most of the time and go to the park when she's not looking
Old 01-27-2010, 11:03 AM   #6 (permalink)

i agree that the SL would be perfect for you. i'd recommend the 158 for mostly mountain ridng though
Cool_As_Cakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 04:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
kberg

Being used to a 155 and never stepping it up do you think I would even notice a 158 compared? Worried most about when I do get around to start doing tricks the board may be too big to spin or what not.