1st time out on skate banana! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2010, 08:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
reeve99

Default 1st time out on skate banana!

bought the skate banana 152 with rome targa bindings. spent 10 days in Morzine, France area. This board is awesome. I was riding a burton custom before and what a huge difference imo!

I've never been able to butter that well; but by the end of the trip I was easily spinning frontside endlessly. I still have problems spinning backside but frontside is so easy now!

I was with some skiers that love to point it and just fly so I was trying to keep up and caught an edge. Had I been on my burton; I'm sure my shoulder would have been destroyed. Crazy thing is I caught the edge and it seemed to just release. My right hand went down and hit the ground slightly but kept going. I was really impressed with the board.

If anyone is considering buying the board; I dont know how you could say anything bad about it. We got into some powder and I was really happy with the way it felt as well.

My only problem was with the rome targa bindings. I actually like the bindings from a performance point of view but was on the swiss wall and felt loose; looked down to see my toe strap broken! On the 1st day I ever used the bindings. It wasnt the side that attaches and releases but on the other side. This sux as I only had extra straps for the side that attaches (as this is usually the 1st to go). What the hell. Only thing I can figure is the rubber piece that pulls back the strap when opened was too tight and put too much pressure on the plastic. I wrote to Rome today and will let you know their response. I hate to ride miles back to France (was riding in switzerland) with 1 foot 1/2 attached. Found a shop and they replaced it for me.

Anyway. Still love the targas and more so the SB! If you've never checked out the france/switzerland ski areas; do yourself a favor and look at it.

Ski resorts France and Switzerland ? large ski area Les Portes du soleil - Ski resorts France and Switzerland
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2010, 09:10 AM   #2 (permalink)

Dude i love the skate banana too! How's the flex on the 152? i have the 156 so i'm not sure wether it's different or not.