NS EVO-R... 155 or 158?? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2010, 02:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
DoWork89

Default NS EVO-R... 155 or 158??

Hey I am looking to buy a new board that is better in the park but can still some what handle the whole mountain every now and then, and from reading numerous reviews I think the Never Summer Evo-R is the right board for me. I am stuck on what size to get 155 or 158, I am 6'1" 175lbs. If anyone could give me an opinion on which size I should go with I would really appreciate it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2010, 02:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoWork89 View Post
Hey I am looking to buy a new board that is better in the park but can still some what handle the whole mountain every now and then, and from reading numerous reviews I think the Never Summer Evo-R is the right board for me. I am stuck on what size to get 155 or 158, I am 6'1" 175lbs. If anyone could give me an opinion on which size I should go with I would really appreciate it.
That is tough. I have the 151 and I'm only 5'6"/130 lbs. Going to try it out tomorrow. I almost think I should have went shorter! I went slightly longer than I normally do just so I could have a better chance of bringing it anywhere I want. Any opinions on that would be appreciated.

Anyhow, If you only have one deck, I'd suggest the 158 since is has a longer effective edge and will carve a little better for you, given your dimensions. But then again, do you like riding boards matched to your size, shorter, or longer than normal? I personally like boards matched to my size or shorter only.

Last edited by phile00; 01-27-2010 at 02:21 PM.
phile00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 02:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
If you really want it to handle the whole mountain 158. I am 6'2", 180lbs and I have a 2009 Evo-R in 158. From what I understand the 2010 has softened up a bit making even more of a reason to go to the bigger board, for a little more around the mountain. I still like to go fast and rip around and have to chop through the east coast crud so the 158 works for me. The board is very pressable and your/our weight. The only reason i could see going for a 155 is if you really like to do big spins. NS boards are on the heavier side so a smaller board and lower swing weight could help, but you would definitely be sacrificing it on the rest of the mountain.
tekniq33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 02:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
DoWork89

phile00:
I have been riding a 159 GNU carbon credit so I am kinda leaning towards the 155, I would like something a little more playful and I think going with the 158 wont be much different obviously, so I basically just answered my own question haha, but I would like some others opinions on what I should do.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
phile00:
I have been riding a 159 GNU carbon credit so I am kinda leaning towards the 155, I would like something a little more playful and I think going with the 158 wont be much different obviously, so I basically just answered my own question haha, but I would like some others opinions on what I should do.
Teqnik is right, this years board is softer, which is a good reason to go slightly longer if you're going to hit up the whole mountain. If you want more playful, definitely go with the 155.

Teqnik: Hah, I think I should have chosen the 148. Didn't know NS boards were on the heavier side. Too late now I guess :P We'll see tomorrow.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phile00 View Post
Teqnik is right, this years board is softer, which is a good reason to go slightly longer if you're going to hit up the whole mountain. If you want more playful, definitely go with the 155.

Teqnik: Hah, I think I should have chosen the 148. Didn't know NS boards were on the heavier side. Too late now I guess :P We'll see tomorrow.
eh, its all relative. I doubt you will really notice it when riding. It is more when you pick them up. But that is a small price to pay for how durable they are. I am sure you will love the board.
tekniq33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 03:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekniq33 View Post
eh, its all relative. I doubt you will really notice it when riding. It is more when you pick them up. But that is a small price to pay for how durable they are. I am sure you will love the board.
I'm pretty stoked to ride it. I just hope I picked the right length... I already have an everything board. No idea why I didn't go shorter. I think it's because I'm stubborn and I'll go everywhere with it anyway. I hope it doesn't sacrifice the playfulness too much considering my dimensions.

It's funny because boards people call noodles are medium stiff to me
Old 01-27-2010, 03:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phile00 View Post
This year's evo-r is not softer, they are the exact same. There was a misprint in the catalogue for the stiffness of the evo-r. Call NS and ask them yourself and they will tell you the same.
redlude97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 04:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlude97 View Post
This year's evo-r is not softer, they are the exact same. There was a misprint in the catalogue for the stiffness of the evo-r. Call NS and ask them yourself and they will tell you the same.
I have the '09 Evo and Rode the '10 Evo for two days

Graphix are the difference. Nothing else.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

redlude is right. Go with the 155 since you already have a 159.
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote