Arbor Element, Never Summer SL, Rome Anthem - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2010, 08:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Arbor Element, Never Summer SL, Rome Anthem

Am I correct to assume that these are pretty similar as all-mountain boards? If so, how would you rank them and are there other boards you would recommend along the same vein?

I'm looking for an all-mountain (mostly freeride) board that's maneuverable, somewhat forgiving, but stable at high speeds.
clankfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2010, 12:57 AM   #2 (permalink)

bump

anyone?
Old 01-29-2010, 02:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
buller_scott

i reckon you'll find alot of proponents for the neversummer sl-r in here. apparently they are really really good, and bomb proof.

im just about to jump on the neversummer bandwagon myself- evo-r to come soon! (i have a nagging suspicion that its going to make me spooge when i ride it for the first time)
Old 01-29-2010, 07:05 AM   #4 (permalink)
davis

I like the SL-R. I own an Arbor. I think either fit the bill of what you're looking for. Haven't ridden the Anthem for a few years but my recollection is that it was OK, but nothing special. Just my .02.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:03 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davis View Post
I like the SL-R. I own an Arbor. I think either fit the bill of what you're looking for. Haven't ridden the Anthem for a few years but my recollection is that it was OK, but nothing special. Just my .02.
So you'd go with the SL-R over the Element?
Old 01-29-2010, 02:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
davis

Quote:
Originally Posted by clankfu View Post
So you'd go with the SL-R over the Element?
I like the SL-R. I own an Arbor. Granted, I got a smokin' deal on the Arbor as a shop manager. If I could have gotten the same deal on the SL-R, I might have bought an SL-R as well. But if I were in a position where I had to pay MSRP, and could only afford one, I'd go with the Arbor, because I prefer the Arbor for my personal tastes. You may find one of the others more to your liking. I know it may be difficult to demo any and/or all of them before buying, but that would be my recommendation. I realize this is probably of little help to you, but just clarifying that I prefer the Arbor of the three, and think either the Arbor or SL-R would make you happy based upon your post.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:16 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davis View Post
I like the SL-R. I own an Arbor. Granted, I got a smokin' deal on the Arbor as a shop manager. If I could have gotten the same deal on the SL-R, I might have bought an SL-R as well. But if I were in a position where I had to pay MSRP, and could only afford one, I'd go with the Arbor, because I prefer the Arbor for my personal tastes. You may find one of the others more to your liking. I know it may be difficult to demo any and/or all of them before buying, but that would be my recommendation. I realize this is probably of little help to you, but just clarifying that I prefer the Arbor of the three, and think either the Arbor or SL-R would make you happy based upon your post.
Gotcha...appreciate your input.
Old 01-29-2010, 03:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Are you talking about an SL-R or an SL(camber version)?
redlude97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 03:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I had more fun on both the sl and sl-r than my 2007 arbor element. Not sure if anything changed with the element since then, but I would recommend the sl-r out of all three. At the end of the day it won't really matter which you choose though, they are all great boards.
djsaad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 03:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
WeRunDp

go for the slr...i grabbed an evo this year and it def makes you spooge.