Arbor Element, Never Summer SL, Rome Anthem - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2010, 08:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 125
Default Arbor Element, Never Summer SL, Rome Anthem

Am I correct to assume that these are pretty similar as all-mountain boards? If so, how would you rank them and are there other boards you would recommend along the same vein?

I'm looking for an all-mountain (mostly freeride) board that's maneuverable, somewhat forgiving, but stable at high speeds.
clankfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-29-2010, 12:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 125
Default

bump

anyone?
clankfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 02:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
buller_scott
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

i reckon you'll find alot of proponents for the neversummer sl-r in here. apparently they are really really good, and bomb proof.

im just about to jump on the neversummer bandwagon myself- evo-r to come soon! (i have a nagging suspicion that its going to make me spooge when i ride it for the first time)
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 07:05 AM   #4 (permalink)
davis
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I like the SL-R. I own an Arbor. I think either fit the bill of what you're looking for. Haven't ridden the Anthem for a few years but my recollection is that it was OK, but nothing special. Just my .02.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 02:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 125
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davis View Post
I like the SL-R. I own an Arbor. I think either fit the bill of what you're looking for. Haven't ridden the Anthem for a few years but my recollection is that it was OK, but nothing special. Just my .02.
So you'd go with the SL-R over the Element?
clankfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 02:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
davis
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clankfu View Post
So you'd go with the SL-R over the Element?
I like the SL-R. I own an Arbor. Granted, I got a smokin' deal on the Arbor as a shop manager. If I could have gotten the same deal on the SL-R, I might have bought an SL-R as well. But if I were in a position where I had to pay MSRP, and could only afford one, I'd go with the Arbor, because I prefer the Arbor for my personal tastes. You may find one of the others more to your liking. I know it may be difficult to demo any and/or all of them before buying, but that would be my recommendation. I realize this is probably of little help to you, but just clarifying that I prefer the Arbor of the three, and think either the Arbor or SL-R would make you happy based upon your post.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 02:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 125
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davis View Post
I like the SL-R. I own an Arbor. Granted, I got a smokin' deal on the Arbor as a shop manager. If I could have gotten the same deal on the SL-R, I might have bought an SL-R as well. But if I were in a position where I had to pay MSRP, and could only afford one, I'd go with the Arbor, because I prefer the Arbor for my personal tastes. You may find one of the others more to your liking. I know it may be difficult to demo any and/or all of them before buying, but that would be my recommendation. I realize this is probably of little help to you, but just clarifying that I prefer the Arbor of the three, and think either the Arbor or SL-R would make you happy based upon your post.
Gotcha...appreciate your input.
clankfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 03:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
redlude97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Seattle/Portland
Posts: 1,068
Default

Are you talking about an SL-R or an SL(camber version)?
redlude97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 03:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 509
Default

I had more fun on both the sl and sl-r than my 2007 arbor element. Not sure if anything changed with the element since then, but I would recommend the sl-r out of all three. At the end of the day it won't really matter which you choose though, they are all great boards.
djsaad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 03:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
WeRunDp
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

go for the slr...i grabbed an evo this year and it def makes you spooge.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:52 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums