Ride antic vs control - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2010, 08:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
seattlelite

Default Ride antic vs control

Can someone explain what the difference/pros/cons is between these two? Looking for first board to do all mountain? The specs are below but they are all greek to me.

Ride Control:
SNOWBOARD STYLE: Foundation

SHAPE: Directional

SIDECUT: Radial

STANCE: 1" Setback

SNOWBOARD SIZES: 146, 151, 155, 158, 162

CONSTRUCTION FEATURES:
Thin Con
NEW! 90A SlimewallsŪ
Foundation Tuned Core™
Biaxial Glass
Linear Carbon
Fusion 1500 Base™

Ride Antic:
SNOWBOARD STYLE: ATV

SHAPE: Twinish

SIDECUT: Quadratic

STANCE: 3/4" Setback

SNOWBOARD SIZES: 151, 154, 157, 158 Wide, 160, 162 Wide, 163, 165 Wide

CONSTRUCTION FEATURES:
Thin Con
90A SlimewallsŪ
Carbon Array 3™
NEW! Performance Tuned Core™
Hybrid Glass
Linear Carbon
Fusion 4000 Base™
2x4 Inserts

Last edited by seattlelite; 01-30-2010 at 08:52 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2010, 11:58 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

If you have the ability, demo them obviously, but if you can't (which is understandable, I have nowhere to demo either)...
I can, however, tell you my take on the control:
It's not a bad board by any means, and I've personally enjoyed having it. Unfortunately, it does get a little chattery at speeds, but I don't think it's nearly as bad as some of the previous models. Durability wise, I haven't had any problems with it. It seems to be holding up pretty well. (By the way, you can find them for fairly cheap now... I've seen multiple boards for $200 or less online, plus I picked up mine at a shop for $220 this year (clearance, last year's model)).

Now, onto what I've HEARD about the Antic...
a member of Ride forums who is fairly accurate and seems to be respected stated that the Antic is like the little brother to the Concept TMS (a.k.a. the Yukon in non wide form). The Concept is kind of a "do it all" board from the descriptions, although someone I talked to on the forums made it clear it's a much better all mountain board than a park board.

If you have to choose between the two, I would go Antic personally (or save up and get a Concept TMS). Either way though, they're both good boards from my experience and what I've heard.
Snowfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 12:13 PM   #3 (permalink)

Default I have ridden both

Check out this thread I started a few months back before the season started. I have a comparison between the 07 ride and 10 antic.
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boa...-new-ride.html

I defiantly think the antic is a better board, I feel like I have better control. Keep in mind the control was my first board so that might have somthing to do with it. I am pretty sure the control at least the 07 was an extruded base as well. My thought is that the control is more for a beginner rider, it is a good first snow board, easier to turn and to ride on edges. At speed I felt like it was not stable. My first trip out on the Antic, first trip of the season at that matter, I felt like I noticed a considerable difference in stability. This was surprising given it was my first ride of the season. I was defiantly more comfortable at speed.

Some others have said that my comparison may not be the best given that I have not riden the control for over a year now....

I have to keep the antic waxed more frequently it seems..but it is worth the effort in my opinion.

Last edited by kysnowboarder; 01-30-2010 at 12:23 PM.
kysnowboarder is offline   Reply With Quote