choosing a new board - need some NS advice - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2010, 01:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
tyomak

Thanks for everyone's insights. I'll go with the Revolver 159 based on the responses here, from AngrySnowboarder and from NS themselves. According to the NS folks the RC tech should give the edge I need to take steeper runs without an issue. They also mentioned that their Revolver/Evo line is stiffer/damper than the regular freestyle park board and that seems to be confirmed by b2cote.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2010, 07:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
b2cote

good choice my friend.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:11 PM   #13 (permalink)

Cool! I hope you remember to come back and post your review to this thread.

Like many, I'm stuck between the two. I don't spend much time in the park and love to bomb a hill with tight fast turns. But I also like to pop the board off bumps and throw 180's and 3's.

I'm afraid the EVO/Revolver will be super soft and might chatter on bumpy groomers or not handle super tight turns. But I am also afraid it's not soft enough to manual or butter on boxes.

Damn...
Veccster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 08:25 PM   #14 (permalink)
tyomak

I will most certainly post a review. I should be able to test it out on valentine's weekend. I just ordered the 159 Revolver with Burton Cartel binds. I found a shop here in CT that specializes in NeverSummer and the owner there who has been riding NS for 10 years said that while the Revolver is a softer board, it is still really smooth at high speeds and the chatter is practically not there when compared to other freestyle/park boards.

Looking forward to it.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:39 PM   #15 (permalink)
b2cote

Do you use the word chatter? Or did you take that from me? haha I told you already, I have the new Evo and I ride like you. Its real playful and to be honest, you can press the board by lifting a foot. Butters are cake and as stated in the NS review and what I said earlier, the board doesnt chatter at high speeds and youre still able to maneuver. I probably won't ever shy away from this board as long as it continues to ride how it does now...
Old 02-01-2010, 10:57 PM   #16 (permalink)
tyomak

Nah, I've used 'chatter' before.

Really looking forward to this board. Thanks for the follow up b2cote.
Old 02-06-2010, 04:53 PM   #17 (permalink)
tyomak

Just got the board and setup the bindings on it. Definitely noticeably softer but still feels really solid under my feet in my living room. May give it a go tomorrow before Super Bowl. If I do, I'll give my thoughts here for anyone who's interested.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:34 PM   #18 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Default Word

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunkySpunk View Post
Legacy is nothing like the Titan. I've had both. Titan TX 161 and Legacy-R 163.
My current ride is the '09 Titan 161, with some Flow NXT FRX bindings. I don't know why you'd want anything else in a board.

surfinsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 05:37 PM   #19 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyomak View Post
...I found a shop here in CT that specializes in NeverSummer and the owner there who has been riding NS for 10 years...

Looking forward to it.
Cutting Edge?
surfinsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 06:30 PM   #20 (permalink)
tyomak

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfinsnow View Post
My current ride is the '09 Titan 161, with some Flow NXT FRX bindings. I don't know why you'd want anything else in a board.

Nothing wrong with the Titan, I still love the board. Read my first post to see why I got the Revolver.