choosing a new board - need some NS advice - Page 4 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2010, 10:54 PM   #31 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyomak View Post
...As promised I am posting my review of this board after taking it out today for the first time for a 4 hour session at a local resort in MA called Jiminy Peak. It's not huge by any means, but has a decent mix of steeper terrain. It was not windy, sunny and hard packed with little to no ice. Man made snow, no powder...
Man, that is hysterical -- I went to Jiminy Peak this weekend! Sunday was beautiful. It was my first time there in two or three years, because of their e-coupon. My other choice was Okemo, and I am soooo sick of Okemo. In fact, I can't stand Okemo. My wife had never been to Jiminy, and since she is still a low-intermediate skier, I figured she'd be fine there.

You're right...for a small mountain it has some pretty fun steeps. I forgot how steep Jericho was! It was a bit too scratchy for that hard-pack snow, but Wild Turkey and the other blacks were a lot of fun. I learned to board at Jiminy Peak eight years ago; at the time, it was less than 90 minutes from home, and they used to do a lot of $15 mid-week e-coupons -- but I was self-employed then, so I could take off any day of the week.

The Titan is great in that kind of packed snow; wicked stable and fast. Jiminy is almost too small a mountain for it...you want to keep bombing it, but suddenly you're merging onto a greenie. It should be a lot of fun in Tahoe, but the snow is so different there I'm not sure what to expect. I was still riding my Dynastar Karma last time I went, and in many ways I think it was a better board than the Titan. Aggressive shape, carbon-Kevlar base, sick dampening. I was packing up my Titan tonight and looking at the ol' Dynastar, and that board was in way better shape after four years of riding than my Titan is after one. The Dynastar was bulletproof. The Titan gets dinged up just by looking at it.

Oh well. I still like NS, because they're a good company, and the Titan is a great ride, even if it gets battle-worn a little easier than the Karma. Dynastar/Rossignol/Quicksilver, whatever...sad. No soul.

Anyway, maybe I saw you this weekend. Hope you enjoyed the day as much as I did. And yes...you have to make it out west some day. Tahoe is the tits!

Last edited by surfinsnow; 02-09-2010 at 10:56 PM.
surfinsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement