questions questions question.... - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2010, 09:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4
Default questions questions question....

hey guys, hope all is well. I've never been on a snowboarding forum nor has it ever crossed my mind until this season....ill tell you why later, . I've been snowboarding for a while, this is my third season pass at a local mountain resort, and i have brought my friend with me this time around, and we have slowly grown towards the park area. before i was uneducated about snowbaording, and was timid and shy to ask anyone about anything, so I learned on my own, and must say within sometime I have learned to master the fundamentals of snowboarding. I sued to love to goa s fast as possible and pretty much freeride. I bought my board around 2002/2003 and its an airwalk matrix, with dp bindings, and van boots. It turned out not to be a good beginners board, plus it was too long for me to learn on....thank you mom and dad, . Anywho, im looking for a new board now, im old enough to buy a set on ym own, and do my own research, but id like some guidance first. I'm really looking into progress as fast as possible in doing tricks such as butter/manual and whatever else there is on the flats, plus anything to do with the park, which is rails, lips, boxes, etc. I dont mind sacrificing speed stability at very fast speeds, because my intentions for this season to learn and become a intermediate snowboarder in the fields i just mentioned. I'm obviously looking at park boards, but i still dont know which ones to look into. here is my list, and maybe i can get some wisdom and some experienced notes on RL incidents as well.

burton blunt
forum young blood
burton joystick
burton hero

dont know anything about rome or other makes, but im opened to any type of suggestions. I was steering towards the blunt, but that might not mean much. Thanks in advance guys.

Last edited by puz84; 02-01-2010 at 10:05 PM.
puz84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-01-2010, 10:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
somebodyelse5
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by puz84 View Post
hey guys, hope all is well. I've never been on a snowboarding forum nor has it ever crossed my mind until this season....ill tell you why later, . I've been snowboarding for a while, this is my third season pass at a local mountain resort, and i have brought my friend with me this time around, and we have slowly grown towards the park area. before i was uneducated about snowbaording, and was timid and shy to ask anyone about anything, so I learned on my own, and must say within sometime I have learned to master the fundamentals of snowboarding. I sued to love to goa s fast as possible and pretty much freeride. I bought my board around 2002/2003 and its an airwalk matrix, with dp bindings, and van boots. It turned out not to be a good beginners board, plus it was too long for me to learn on....thank you mom and dad, . Anywho, im looking for a new board now, im old enough to buy a set on ym own, and do my own research, but id like some guidance first. I'm really looking into progress as fast as possible in doing tricks such as butter/manual and whatever else there is on the flats, plus anything to do with the park, which is rails, lips, boxes, etc. I dont mind sacrificing speed stability at very fast speeds, because my intentions for this season to learn and become a intermediate snowboarder in the fields i just mentioned. I'm obviously looking at park boards, but i still dont know which ones to look into. here is my list, and maybe i can get some wisdom and some experienced notes on RL incidents as well.

burton blunt
forum young blood
burton joystick
burton hero

dont know anything about rome or other makes, but im opened to any type of suggestions. I was steering towards the blunt, but that might not mean much. Thanks in advance guys.

For a sick jib stick, go with the Lib-Tech Box Scratcher. Its super sick, flexy, and a blast to ride. Still stable at speeds, not as stable as my T.rice, but i still feel comfortable bombing on it. Comes with a stiffer rocker than the skatebanana so it can handle rails better. Its fun, cant beat it.

For bindings i would recommend a set of Bent Metals, Ive had a pair that have lasted 3 season, just broke a few weeks ago, and i re drilled the strap and they are like new. They have really proven themselves to me. I also have a pair of GNU fastecs that im workin on dialing in.

You tube Jesse Burtner or Watch scott stevens part in Get Real, both those guys are super innovative. Burtner has his own box scratcher, and scott stevens rides one every once in a while.

I think the scratcher would be a solid board for you, unless you plan on riding ONLY park, or LESS park. Only park would be the park pickle, which is soley designed for the park, you can ride any snowboard anywhere, but it wont perform as well all mountain. For less park, more bombing and messing around, some pow, the skatebanana would be a good bet. Still flexy and fun, and can handle all mountain riding, its a good all around board.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 10:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4
Default

ive heard of the skate banana a few times, and ill take a look at that and the scratcher. Lib-tech seem to be a new upcoming rival company....i get the reverse camber and the magan traction stuff. i just dont know how wde, flexible i want the board...but i do want something light but yet forgiving on those large lips, ill report back later, ty.
puz84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 11:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
somebodyelse5
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by puz84 View Post
ive heard of the skate banana a few times, and ill take a look at that and the scratcher. Lib-tech seem to be a new upcoming rival company....i get the reverse camber and the magan traction stuff. i just dont know how wde, flexible i want the board...but i do want something light but yet forgiving on those large lips, ill report back later, ty.
mervin (libs parent company) has been around since 77. They are just becoming more mainstream than they used to be. For a park board, you want something flexy, that wont wash out on landings. If your ONLY gonna jump go with a Trice , but if you are planning on wanting to jib around get something flexier. My Trice is pretty stiff, perfect for bombing and big booters, but not for butters (except in super pow

check out GNU, also owned by mervin.

you cant beat mtx
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 11:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4
Default

thanks again for your advice. just to get back to you original post, i looked into lib tech a bit, and seemed to find their boards a bit on the picier side, if need be i met just bite the bullet. but to make tings a bit mroe clear on what my intentions are i wnate to say that i want to concentrate on the park scene and try to progress in there as fast as possible, sacrificing my freeride "love" so to speak. And do whatever flat tricks there are such as butters/manuals and whatever there is to learn out there.

in regards to your new post, it seems like there isnt the perfect park board as well?...jumps require stifness and beefire boards and more flexable boards are meant for jibbing and other tricks.
puz84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:04 AM   #6 (permalink)
somebodyelse5
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by puz84 View Post
thanks again for your advice. just to get back to you original post, i looked into lib tech a bit, and seemed to find their boards a bit on the picier side, if need be i met just bite the bullet. but to make tings a bit mroe clear on what my intentions are i wnate to say that i want to concentrate on the park scene and try to progress in there as fast as possible, sacrificing my freeride "love" so to speak. And do whatever flat tricks there are such as butters/manuals and whatever there is to learn out there.

in regards to your new post, it seems like there isnt the perfect park board as well?...jumps require stifness and beefire boards and more flexable boards are meant for jibbing and other tricks.
no problem, what we are here for.

You can get away with some flexier boards for jumps, but for the most part a little stiffer will be more stable and wont slide out on landings. its comes down to a little compromise. I know ive hit jumps on that box scratcher and its pretty solid, but not as solid as a Trice or TRS. If you watch any back country riding, like in videos, they are riding all mountain boards which are stiffer, and handle those huge kickers they build. you should be fine with the scratcher, or need be the pickle. the way ive been told, is the pickle is strictly for park. you will hear people saying they ride it well all mountain, but from the reps mouth, its a truly park specific board.

Ive been won over on the scratcher. Im lookin to get a park board for my self, if i hadnt already bought my Trice this year, and my wasted season pass (tore my MCL) i would be buying a scratcher or a pickle. when im healed i might try and pick up this years banana if i can find a more rare color.

For jibbing, you will want something more flexy.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:31 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums