Bataleon Vs. Dinosaurs Will Die - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2010, 10:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
billf

Default Bataleon Vs. Dinosaurs Will Die

I will be getting a new board in a couple weeks and I can't seem to decide between the Bataleon Evil Twin, Bataleon Riot, and the Dinosaurs Will Die Genovese.

Does anybody have any experience with on of these boards? I really like the idea of the Triple Base Technology in the Bataleons but I am not sure how well it performs, specifically off jumps. From what I have read it actually makes landings easier, but I feel like with the TBT it creates a narrower surface to land on.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2010, 10:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Put it this way. My homie got a DWD that was a big factor in him learning to love snowboarding again. Then he tried out a Bataleon and hasn't ridden his DWD since in 3 seasons. Added another Bataleon to his quiver since then too.
Triple8Sol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 11:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
somebodyelse5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple8Sol View Post
Put it this way. My homie got a DWD that was a big factor in him learning to love snowboarding again. Then he tried out a Bataleon and hasn't ridden his DWD since in 3 seasons. Added another Bataleon to his quiver since then too.
I was just learning about the TBT and i was thinking, as the video was playing, wow this actually looks cool, i might like to try this....then the rocker comment came in, total punch to lib. im back in my safe place lib all the way lol.

I think its a cool idea, just dont like that they are poking at the rocker innovation (libs innovation).
I need a jib board, id try one with TBT if i could get it cheaper than a box scratcher.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
billf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple8Sol View Post
That sounds pretty convincing. Do you know which Bataleon he's riding? I was thinking the Evil Twin but wasn't sure if it would be too flexible for me, and that's why I was considering the Riot because it is a little bit stiffer.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I have the riot. A little on the stiffer side, but I kinda like that because makes it better all mountain rather than just mainly park. ET if your mainly park and hate waxing (has an extruded base).

As far as jumps go, it'd be interesting to see a study of who rides away clean from more jumps: TBT or flat camber. Board acclimation aside, I'd bet TBT would win by a significant margin.
extra0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 01:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
mjd

Quote:
Originally Posted by billf View Post
I will be getting a new board in a couple weeks and I can't seem to decide between the Bataleon Evil Twin, Bataleon Riot, and the Dinosaurs Will Die Genovese.

Does anybody have any experience with on of these boards? I really like the idea of the Triple Base Technology in the Bataleons but I am not sure how well it performs, specifically off jumps. From what I have read it actually makes landings easier, but I feel like with the TBT it creates a narrower surface to land on.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.
i have this years 57 genovese. it's got a very even mid flex, probably a 5 or 6, and it pops like crazy. it's all mountain but it's pure fun. i love it.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyelse5 View Post
I was just learning about the TBT and i was thinking, as the video was playing, wow this actually looks cool, i might like to try this....then the rocker comment came in, total punch to lib. im back in my safe place lib all the way lol.

I think its a cool idea, just dont like that they are poking at the rocker innovation (libs innovation).
I need a jib board, id try one with TBT if i could get it cheaper than a box scratcher.
Lib really got rocker out there. There's no doubt about that. Sorry to inform you, but they didn't "innovate" the rocker. This topic has been poured over a thousand times, so I'll just leave it at that.
phile00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by extra0 View Post
I have the riot. A little on the stiffer side, but I kinda like that because makes it better all mountain rather than just mainly park. ET if your mainly park and hate waxing (has an extruded base).

As far as jumps go, it'd be interesting to see a study of who rides away clean from more jumps: TBT or flat camber. Board acclimation aside, I'd bet TBT would win by a significant margin.
next years ET will have a sintered base, the same one as the riot.
crazyface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 10:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billf View Post

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.
DWD intrigued me at first. They seem like a cool company. But they failed to convey why their boards are cool to me. Plus the lack of reviews doesn't help.
phile00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 11:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
billf

This is becoming such a hard decision for me haha. Like phile00 said, I can't find any real reviews on DWD but the few things that I have heard have all been positive.I am looking for something that has good pop, so what mjd said is making me lean a bit more towards the DWD. I think it might be cool to try something new, being the TBT with the Bataleon, but at the same time I think maybe it would make more sense to stick with a standard board that I am used to.