Difference between 07, 08 uninc and 09 uninc? Stiffer - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2010, 11:37 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Difference between 07, 08 uninc and 09 uninc? Stiffer

I have heard that the 09 uninc is a bit stiffer than the previous years. I currently have an 07 in a 154 and love it, I am 185lbs and do mainly jumps and some all mountain freestyle. I want to get the 09 in a 155, but am worried it will ride too stiff in comparision. Will it really be that much stiffer where it won't be as playful? Burton has a 15lb rider weight range diff between the 08-154 and the 09-155. Should I get the 153? Any thoughts. Need help fast have to decide quick.
mesomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2010, 02:22 PM   #2 (permalink)

man i've been told alot lately to ride a couple cm shorter than you are used to. i ride the 07 152 and love it as well. i am 5'9" and weigh 175 and am going to start riding 150-151. i was tempted to get the same board newer but i wanna try other stuff out. i would too if i were you. alot of good brands out there besides burton for cheaper too.
surferbum21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
geesechops

I think the diff in the 1cm was the wu-tips of the 09'. For example, the 08' 152cm is the same as the 09' 153cm. I think the weight ratings were then arbitrarily thrown out there based on that extra cm, which is mostly the tip and tall curled up or wuuued out. I have the 153cm 09' Uninc and love it. I'm 5'7" 150lbs, using the ref stance of 22cm and I can butter around like it aint no thang.

The difference with the 09' is the Carbon I-Beam and lighter Park Fly III core. This might make it a tad stiffer, but I would rather have all the pop I can get with the 09' Uninc then get an Easy Living with a Park Fly II core, no I-beam and negative core profile. If you want softer I guess you could try an Easy Livin or just get an 08' Uninc.

So I guess I'm saying, I don't know wtf I'm talking about, but I got my 09' Uninc for $215 shipped from Brociety, which made my decision much easier.