Another First Time Buyer...... - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2010, 05:42 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Another First Time Buyer......

whats up guys, my name is nick, i just joined this forum about 10 minutes ago, i used to snowboard but havnt in the past 5 years because of a wrestling related injury, last weekend i went and rented for the first time since then just to see if i was still into it.....well yeah i still love boarding!

Im about to make a purchase, im not much of a park rider, i mainly just like cruising down the mountain and carving it up a bit, ive done research on a lot of boards and a board that really caught my eye was the 2009 Nitro Team Series Wide board, ive read great reviews about it, so i pretty much narrowed the board down, i have a size 12 boot so im going with the wide version, im about 5'10-5'11 and roughly 180-185lbs, i know the board size range recommendation for me weight is about 155-161 depending on what kind of riding i do, this board is made in a 157 and a 159, and it just so happens that ski stop (a local boarding store on Long Island) has it in a 159 marked down to $280 since is last years model, but im really not sure if i should get the 157 or 159, i have found the 157 online for about the same price, like i said i really dont go in the park, i do enjoy a bit of a spirited ride with some sharp carves and i dont want to give up any type of control........im not sure if 2cm makes the world of difference, but when im spending a nice chunk of change on a complete board setup i want to make sure its done right

here is a link to the board im talking about for those of you who are not familiar with it
Nitro Team Snowboard 2009 : Snowboards | evo outlet

Last edited by mrbosco777; 02-02-2010 at 05:55 PM.
mrbosco777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2010, 08:26 PM   #2 (permalink)

bumpppppppppp
Old 02-02-2010, 08:32 PM   #3 (permalink)

either way, id go 159 cus it will ride a bit easier in powder, and you can get it locally. i am 150 and ride a 156
and1n0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:13 PM   #4 (permalink)

yeah only thing is we dont get too much powder here, is there more control with a 157?
Old 02-03-2010, 02:14 PM   #5 (permalink)

Any other input on the board size or the board itself??
Old 02-03-2010, 02:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
VanillaEps

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbosco777 View Post
whats up guys, my name is nick, i just joined this forum about 10 minutes ago, i used to snowboard but havnt in the past 5 years because of a wrestling related injury, last weekend i went and rented for the first time since then just to see if i was still into it.....well yeah i still love boarding!

Im about to make a purchase, im not much of a park rider, i mainly just like cruising down the mountain and carving it up a bit, ive done research on a lot of boards and a board that really caught my eye was the 2009 Nitro Team Series Wide board, ive read great reviews about it, so i pretty much narrowed the board down, i have a size 12 boot so im going with the wide version, im about 5'10-5'11 and roughly 180-185lbs, i know the board size range recommendation for me weight is about 155-161 depending on what kind of riding i do, this board is made in a 157 and a 159, and it just so happens that ski stop (a local boarding store on Long Island) has it in a 159 marked down to $280 since is last years model, but im really not sure if i should get the 157 or 159, i have found the 157 online for about the same price, like i said i really dont go in the park, i do enjoy a bit of a spirited ride with some sharp carves and i dont want to give up any type of control........im not sure if 2cm makes the world of difference, but when im spending a nice chunk of change on a complete board setup i want to make sure its done right

here is a link to the board im talking about for those of you who are not familiar with it
Nitro Team Snowboard 2009 : Snowboards | evo outlet
Welcome to the forum, fellow Long Islander. I've shopped at several Long Island ski shops. Let me know if you need any suggestions.
Old 02-03-2010, 03:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

157-159 isnt going to make that much difference except one might be wider than the other..and at size 12 you dont need a super wide board...

So i'd go 157W...

That said take a look at Sierrasnowboards for other board possibilities with their 30% off 2010 boards.

In fact, i would say if you want that board buy it from Sierra because for 8 more dollars you can get the 2010 model of the Nitro Team. Factoring in that they have free shipping too its probably a better deal ...
http://www.sierrasnowboard.com/Nitro...Snowboards.asp

Last edited by arsenic0; 02-03-2010 at 03:51 PM.
arsenic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 04:37 PM   #8 (permalink)

well another reason im going to the local store is b/c i kinda know someone there that will help me out with pricing a lil further.....i hate the look of the new nitro as well....
Old 02-04-2010, 07:43 PM   #9 (permalink)

bumpppppppppppppp for input