Ride DH2 or Nitro Team Gullwing - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2010, 12:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
jpg123

Smile Ride DH2 or Nitro Team Gullwing

Im trying to make decision between getting a ride dh2 157 or a nitro team gulling 157. I have ridden a few boards with reverse camber (or rocker whatever you want too call it) including the old t-rice and the skate banana witch i really like. I like the looser catch free, surfy, floaty, and quick turning feel of rocked boards. But i like 2 things about normal cambered boards and thats its pop out of turns and some times its grip on slopes depending on the situation.

Witch board would you suggest any reviews?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2010, 07:52 AM   #2 (permalink)

Dh2 Without a doubt. Ride puts an insane amount of technology in their snowboards. The Dh 2.3 LTD edition is one of the sickest looking graphics that came out this year.
Boardski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 08:26 AM   #3 (permalink)

gullwing! very noticeable rocker + very noticeable dual camber = poppy mcfun pop. and you can't beat camber for stability. the only advantage i see in the dh2 is the sintered base, which has it's pluses and minues.
hanzosteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 09:21 AM   #4 (permalink)

I have a Machete LE which is pretty similar to the DH2. It definitely has enough pop for you. The lowrize rides like a normal cambered board for the most part but its loose and catch free. Rides super well in powder too.
GoggleTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 12:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
jpg123

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoggleTan View Post
I have a Machete LE which is pretty similar to the DH2. It definitely has enough pop for you. The lowrize rides like a normal cambered board for the most part but its loose and catch free. Rides super well in powder too.
does it have that quick edge response and kinda loose quick turning feel like on a banana?

Last edited by jpg123; 02-03-2010 at 12:36 PM.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
jpg123

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzosteel View Post
gullwing! very noticeable rocker + very noticeable dual camber = poppy mcfun pop. and you can't beat camber for stability. the only advantage i see in the dh2 is the sintered base, which has it's pluses and minues.
does it still have that loose, catch free, quick turning feel like a normal rocker (banana or other)?
Old 02-03-2010, 07:11 PM   #7 (permalink)

The ride lowrize rocker has a different feel that lib tech's banana tech. The lowrize isn't as loose feeling because it's flat inbetween your feet unlike banana which that is where the reverse camber is. If you're on the fence about it, See if you can demo. I can tell you that the Dh2 has a ton of pop for a rocker board because of the pop rods.
Boardski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 12:06 AM   #8 (permalink)
jpg123

i wound-up getting the 157 nitro team gullwing it had a bit of a shorter effective edge and i think it will suit me better. thanks for posting your thoughts it helped
Old 02-04-2010, 04:28 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpg123 View Post
does it still have that loose, catch free, quick turning feel like a normal rocker (banana or other)?
yup! dual camber has all the advantages of both rocker and camber. rocker for easy float in pow and loose playfulness in the park, camber for pop and stability. and it`s pretty lightweight. true all-mountain slayer. congrats. now go destroy some mountains.
hanzosteel is offline   Reply With Quote