park board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2010, 07:41 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default park board

hi i am hoping you guys can help me on selecting a new board =)
i spent almost all of my money last year on a mtx lib trs but its very stiff for me and i dont like it all that much. i ride flows atm. and my last two pairs were flows as well. i am thinking of getting another set of m9s for this board from wired sport cause they have ridiculous prices on flows. i want a very soft board and i want to keep it cheap. i dont think i want a rocker board because it doesnt sound appealing to me. i was looking at the signal park series and some of the capita boards and i saw a hatchet or something like that from atomic for like 189.
im six feet one or two inches. i weigh around 145 pounds and i want to keep the board under 250 but i might go higher if there is significant reason to. i have size 11 feet but am currently stuffing my feet into 10.5 burton motos because they were on sale. i am going to sand them down so i dont get so much toe drag but i might just save up and buy boots that actualy fit. i can make enough money so that i can keep the trs for my back country and all mountain expeditions. i am an intermediate rider. i can hit the whole mountain and most features in the park up to like 60 foot kickers and if i am feeling ballsy all of them. =) i really want to progress my rail riding tho and thats all folks. if you read this whole essay then grats and ty. lots of feedback pls!
synthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2010, 07:58 PM   #2 (permalink)

Okay, first off. Not to rail on you, but reading that made my eyes bleed. So some full on paragraph spacing in between would really be appreciated.

On to your question, I'd say look for last year's models since you're wanting to save money. Rome Artifact, Capita Stairmaster, K2 WWW (regular camber), and Ride DH2 are some of the softer/est boards that are out there and they will help out on if you're looking to progress your rail game.
Fizzlicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 08:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
oxi

I've got a hatchet and love it! It's a good board to use anywhere on the mountain. If you're looking at a pure park board though, I think the signal park might be better, I hear it has a softer flex than the hatchet.
oxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 08:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Mason

to be perfectly honest with you. i would sell your lib and buy the 2010 box scratcher. i absolutely love mine, its absolutely everything
Old 02-03-2010, 08:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Rode the Signal Park Rocker and its very very soft, one of the softest boards I've ever ridden. For boxes/rails/jibs its a great board, but in my opinion way too soft for the bigger kickers. Could be because I didn't have a full day on it, but it just didn't feel right to do the bigger stuff on.
Deviant is offline   Reply With Quote