Planning on getting my own stuff - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2010, 08:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Planning on getting my own stuff

Now I know the boots are the most important so I won't really ask about those, but those are also easiest to figure out, put em on, love em, buy em. Now for a board and bindings im a little unsure. I am not a speed demon but I do like to move, but the more predominant characteristic of my riding, I think, is that I am curious, which is what encourages my speed sometimes, but moreover I am a fiend for random natural features. I am not at all experienced enough for park, and honestly it scares me a little , so I just roam and look for stuff really. Just for specs, I am 5'5" 155 pounds, and between a 9-10 shoe size. Never married, favorite color neon orange, and favorite food=sushi. Oh and max price for all my stuff put together is 650, but I'm trying to keep it in the 500s. I also would like this stuff to last a decent while.

P.s. I know it is a pretty polarizing topic, but the only thing that has piqued my interest in any area are flow bindings. I have read a lot on them and I feel that the higher end one's tech won't fall apart into a disaster, I just have no idea if they would support my type of riding.

P.P.s The main point is that i dont know about anythign that would support my riding and I would just like ideas.

Thanks

Last edited by Pyrofeed; 02-03-2010 at 08:13 PM.
Pyrofeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2010, 10:26 AM   #2 (permalink)

No advice? A few more tidbits, I want to stay away from certain burton stuff not due to brand hating, but I don't have the income to switch between proprietary and standard systems. I am mostly looking at stuff in the sierrasnowboard.com 30% off sale, but anything for comparable pricing will work.
Old 02-04-2010, 11:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
oxi

Probably looking for an all-mountain board or a freeride board, depends on how much flex you want. Stiffer flex will be more stable at speed, softer flex you can play around with freestyle a bit more. With boards.. there are too many choices to choose from.. have you seen any particular ones you like on sierra? Bindings.. can't really go wrong with any from Ride, Rome or Union.
oxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 11:48 AM   #4 (permalink)

Your style is a lot like myself. I ride all over the place looking for little things to hit or jump off. I use the sides of the trails a lot looking for fun little obsticles. I'll stop by the park every now and then but won't spend my day there. I like to rome the whole mountain. I do like to go fast but think that is relative (it's fast TO ME).

For a board, I was stuck between the NeverSummer SL and EVO, the Rome Postermania and Artifact and the K2 Turbo Dream. All of these boards should be flexy enough to play on but stiff enough to handle the entire mtn. I chose the EVO with Union Force bindings. I believe that combo would run at the top end of your price range ($650).

My binding options were the Union Force, Rome 390 and Ride SPI.

That is a good deal Sierra has running. I've read a lot of good things about the Sierrascope board too. I think you could pair that up with decent bindings and walk away for under $400.

Good luck and be sure to post your decision.
Veccster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 06:10 PM   #5 (permalink)

I was looking at the rome artifact, the flow strike and merc, and the sierrascope. I was looking at those three bindings, and the flow quattro and flow nxt at
Old 02-04-2010, 06:47 PM   #6 (permalink)

Default Gear

Here's a good link for sizing and width. The second link there may be the most interesting.

I like Flow and you won't have any problems with the NXTs. I really like NS and Lib Tech boards. The technology is great and they're made in the U.S. That matters.
bryantp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 07:00 PM   #7 (permalink)

What about flow boards?
Old 02-04-2010, 07:04 PM   #8 (permalink)

Default Boards

Not U.S. made. I don't know much else about them. Love the bindings but never ridden the boards.
bryantp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 07:08 PM   #9 (permalink)

Thats the one thing thats hanging me up. I think ill go with flow bindings, but has anyone ridden the boards?