First Time Buyer.... - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2010, 11:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
jvello

Default First Time Buyer....

Hey guys, im a first time buyer and im really struggling and cant make my mind up so hearing things from experts would be nice lol.

Im 6'2 about 160 (i wear 10'5 - 11 shoe size, not sure about boot size)and im looking for a all mountain board that can carve fairly easily and is fun to ride. I have yet to do park as i usually just stay on the blacks, but i want to start trying out park a little bit but the majority of my time will be mountain.

I have never rode in "powder" (i know im missing out) as i am from texas and i take what i get which is usually hardpacked or ice. Like i said this is my first board but i do ride blacks fairly easily. Thanks for the help.

Last edited by jvello; 02-03-2010 at 11:36 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2010, 11:29 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvello View Post
Hey guys, im a first time buyer and im really struggling and cant make my mind up so hearing things from experts would be nice lol.

Im 6'2 about 160 and im looking for a all mountain board that can carve fairly easily and is fun to ride. I have yet to do park as i usually just stay on the blacks, but i want to start trying out park a little bit but the majority of my time will be mountain.

I have never rode in "powder" (i know im missing out) as i am from texas and i take what i get which is usually hardpacked or ice. Like i said this is my first board but i do ride blacks fairly easily. Thanks for the help.
Hah, I'm from Texas too. I'm not new to snowboarding, but I'm new to boards. Today I bought a 2010 Burton Custom V Rocker 156. From one of my threads asking about the best board for the buck on all mountain, I was suggested this board. It is supposed to be bad ass for all around so I can't wait to get mine, only 2 weeks. They are on sale right now so you might want to look around.. I'm from Dallas so obviously no snow anywhere near, thankfully I take several trips. Spring break is Utah for a week where the olympics were held, so I'm stoked. Good luck man.

This is what I got... Burton Custom V-Rocker - Snowboards Reviews & Sale | SierraSnowboard.com

By the way you might want to give your shoe size and boot size so people can suggest board sizes. I'm 5'10, 152 lbs, size 11 boot and 156 is perfect for me but I know people of your size ride 156's too.

Good luck mate,
Texas Boarder
Texas Exclusive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 11:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
jvello

thanks a bunch man, im near dallas too.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:36 PM   #4 (permalink)

Grapevine area here =d
Texas Exclusive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 11:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
jvello

my aunt lives there, im in garland area