burton Custom V-Rocker vs never summer evo-r - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2010, 04:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
redmustang232

Angry burton Custom V-Rocker vs never summer evo-r

hey guys long time know post.lol

i was thinking of getting a new board, im riding last years ride DH and really like the feel of it but i want to get a reveres camber board how does the burton custom v-rocker compare to the never summer evo-r?

edit:i didn't mean to put that made face there mad face.lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2010, 04:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

If you like the feel of the DH why don't you get a DH2 or a Machete? They should have similar flexes with the addition of lowrize rocker for that catch free performance you are looking for
redlude97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 05:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
redmustang232

well i was hoping that the ns evo-r or the custom would have a harder base then my ride dh, after riding close to over 100 days on it the bottom looks like swiss cheese.lol
Old 02-04-2010, 05:11 PM   #4 (permalink)

If you like your bindings, dont get the Burton board.

If you want to get a new set of EST bindings as well then consider it.
Reede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 05:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

evor-r is more park oriented while the custom is more all mountain. i guess you should decide based on whether you want a softer more park oriented board(evo-r) or a stiffer more allmountain board that can still go in teh park(custom v-rrocker)
crazyface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 05:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
Sick Sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmustang232 View Post
hey guys long time know post.lol

i was thinking of getting a new board, im riding last years ride DH and really like the feel of it but i want to get a reveres camber board how does the burton custom v-rocker compare to the never summer evo-r?

edit:i didn't mean to put that made face there mad face.lol
I think NS's R.C. tech is better than straight rocker. With R.C. you get all the advantages of rocker and camber at the same time. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Burton's V-Rocker is strictly rocker only. Those contact points really make a difference when you are hauling ass or landing in the backseat.

Also, the Evo and Custom aren't really rivals. They are great in a lot of the same areas, but also have individual strengths. I'd figure out exactly what you want in a board and then look for the models that match your riding preference.

In the end, I would say NS all the way. Their entire line up is available with Rocker-Camber Technology and they have boards for any riding style. Evo for park/pipe, SL-R for all mountain freestyle, Premier F1 for big mountain freeride, etc. They have incredible build quality, super fast bases, great dampening, high tech engineering, and a three year warranty!
Old 02-06-2010, 04:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
tyomak

I just got the Revolver and will be using it as an allmountain board, hopefully tomorrow for the first time. I also got Cartels for it. While Evo is not as stiff as slr/legacy, it will still hold an edge and be stable at high speed according to NS due to it's stiffer flex.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:04 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyomak View Post
I just got the Revolver and will be using it as an allmountain board, hopefully tomorrow for the first time. I also got Cartels for it. While Evo is not as stiff as slr/legacy, it will still hold an edge and be stable at high speed according to NS due to it's stiffer flex.
Im eyeing the Revolver, im really digging the tech into it, im 6'4 and wear a size 12 boot, i think it will be perfect for a butter, park, groomer board for myself, the flex looks really good on it and the damping should cure the higher speed chatter. You should def write a review when you get back man!